jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Major drop in Hub Traffic!

1. drspaniel profile image91
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

Major drop in Hub Traffic!

I don't know about any other Hubber who's experienced this lately, but I for one have experienced an immense decline in overall traffic to my Hubs. From averaging around 1,000 - 2,000 views daily, I've been put down to around 600-700. Any advice or tips on gaining more traffic would be great! Thank you.

2. PHILLYDREAMER profile image83
    PHILLYDREAMERposted 5 years ago

It sounds like you are being throttled by Google.  I would check your Hubs to see if they are up ti the standards og the Google Penguin algorithm.

1. fitmom profile image82
      fitmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How would we know what those standards are?? I apologize if this is a dumb question. smile

3. rontlog profile image85
    rontlogposted 5 years ago

Hubpages had a problem yesterday / Friday (An Outage) that lasted for four hours. See Forum for more details. As a result I think everyone's traffic has dropped. Mine was half the normal, so I'm hoping it's due to Hubpages rather than Google.

1. drspaniel profile image91
      drspanielposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow. I'll defintely have a look at the forum posts, but if it does have anything to do with Google Penguin, I will take a look into improving my article quality.

4. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

If we are being throttled by Google, how can we find out what the standards of the Google Penguin alogorithm are?

5. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 5 years ago

yes for last couple of days my traffic was halved. But it is again picking up.

6. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

Because many of my hubs are technical, I experience a drop over the weekends that picks back up M-F.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

I notice that traffic always seems to be slow on weekends and then there is a major jump at the beginning of the week,  I think they get the traffic but there is a delay in updating the site.

working