jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is Up With All Of the One Penny Google AdSense Hits?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 5 years ago

What is Up With All Of the One Penny Google AdSense Hits?

I really do not have a hard time getting Google AdSense hits; however, the fact that most of them are only for one cent really makes making money with Google AdSense a slow journey.  Why would so many Google AdSense hits be for only one penny?  My keyphrases can't be that unpopular, can they? 

At least we have the HubPages Ad Program that makes money based on volume, which adds up even though it averages only one penny per view too.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I don't depend on Adsense at all. In fact, I shut em down on all of my blogs and websites, and use it here because I have to.  I was curious though as to the penny earnings. Advertisers can bid a penny. So, if they pay a penny, what do you think we will earn, zip as usual.  I did find some interesting information on this forum about this very question.  So give ideas as to topics thay pay zip, and those that fair decently from adsense due to what advertisers will pay.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_ad … 499054.htm

Rock_njposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link to the forum.  I will check it out.  I agree that AdSense is pretty useless.  If enough people shut down AdSense, Google will have to start sharing more of the Ad revenue that the clicks generate.

3. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

Are you getting one cent hits or are you getting a penny after your site has been viewed several times in a day.
    I find that when I get a "click" AdSense pays relatively well and lately I have been making pennies a day without getting clicks but for people just looking at my sight.
    AdSense works by paying a portion of the money advertisers pay if somebody clicks on their ad.  The more they pay the more you get. Some ads like online college degrees pay well because they pay a lot for their ads but napkins for cheap do not have to pay a lot to place.

Rock_njposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know, unless AdSense has changed their policy, AdSense only pays out when an Ad is actually clicked.  Unlike the HP Ad Program, AdSense does not pay for Ad impressions, which is a bit unfair since it's advertising all the same.

2. PiersPang profile image74
      PiersPangposted 5 years agoin reply to this

While the bulk of Adsense ads is click-based (CPC), there are also impression-based (CPM) ads.

From the official Adsense blog:
      http://adsense.blogspot.com/2006/04/ear … wered.html

working