jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How can Hubpages adjust the CPM on HubPages Ads so significantly after a few day

1. Azure11 profile image92
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

How can Hubpages adjust the CPM on HubPages Ads so significantly after a few days?

I lost nearly $20 due to the fact that the CPM was downgraded a few days after it had been posted. Not very happy.

2. Lauryallan profile image79
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

I thought I was bad losing $5. Sorry to hear about your $20 downgrade. I'd love to be able to help or give advice, but I am struggling to stay motivated on HubPages myself recently.

1. Lauryallan profile image79
      Lauryallanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It happened again last night, lost another dollar after it was "adjusted".

2. Azure11 profile image92
      Azure11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, me too, more money last from 1st October :-(

3. Farmer Rachel profile image99
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

I don't know "how" they can do it. I guess the answer is, They just can. I noticed it, too, and I'm not particularly pleased with it, though I didn't lose $20. Maybe you should email HP directly with this question and they can shed some light on it? Or start a forum thread? There must be some logical reason for it.

1. Azure11 profile image92
      Azure11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good idea Farmer Rachel, I will start a forum thread as this is very annoying.

2. Lauryallan profile image79
      Lauryallanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have the feeling you won't really get anywhere with this. They are highly likely to say nothing or that those figures aren't final, hence the star next to them.

4. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 5 years ago

I remember when the Ad Program first started, the CPM was as high as $11. Now it averages around $4-$5. It sometimes jumps to as high as $7, but not much higher. I didn't realize HP could control the CPM. I just figured it was "market forces" determining it. But if it was as high as $11 when the program first started, that gives the impression that there was some manipulation going on to make it appear the program was more profitable than it actually is.

I don't hang out at the forums much but if you post there, I'll check it out. I'd like to see what other folk are saying since HP tends to lack transparency in these matters.

working