jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google analytics and adsense

1. silverstar8 profile image60
    silverstar8posted 10 years ago

I went to sign up for analytics... using the account I already have with them... and I was referred to html code that they tell me I have to embed in my pages.  No other code is sent to me. There is no code in my affiliate setting.  Also... Adsense still has a sign up next to it.  I have been signed up from day one... but have generated nothing from it. Did I do something wrong?   Thanks for your help..in advance.....

2. tshirtscene profile image52
    tshirtsceneposted 10 years ago

yeah I did that too, so what I did was delete the hubpages, at the top right side you will see a drop down menu "my analytics accounts" (this is if you have an already existing account), in there down the bottom you will see "create new account", add your hubpage account there.

It seemed to work for me. That said, I still havent gotten any data yet, I think it takes around 24 hours or so to kick in.

3. silverstar8 profile image60

Thank you tshirtscene.. I will try that.

4. silverstar8 profile image60

It worked.. thanks again. Now to fix adsense.

5. profile image0
    simcoposted 10 years ago

I notice that my adsense also has "sign up" next to it and I have been useing adsense for nearly a year...strange...

1. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do you have your Affiliate Code Publisher ID in the third column and status as "active" in the fourth?

If so then I think it's okay. Just ignore the "sign up".

1. profile image0
        simcoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi darkside, yes to all of the above,still seems strange though..thanks for the help and comments smile

1. darkside profile image82
          darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it is a little strange. I have the same thing in mine, and my Adsense control panel is tracking visitors and clicks so I figured it must be fine.

I think it should say 'edit' just like all the others, it would then be less confusing. Particularly with someone brand new who for a little while may not be getting any views or haven't set up a channel they may feel that they've done the wrong thing.

working