jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Unmoderating comments

1. fit2day profile image78
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Unmoderating comments

I know this may sound like something I should know, but I don't know how to allow comments without approving them. I don't want people to think I'm not open to criticism when they comment on my hubs.

So how do I allow people to comment without approval?

2. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

The only thing that approving a comment does is it allows others to see it.  Until it has been approved, no one can see it except you.  People can comment, but only you will see it until you approve it.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Go to the global comments section under your account page.  This page gives you the option of moderating all hubs, choosing to moderate or not moderate on each hub-useful for those who sometimes but not always  write on controversial subjects-or not have any hubs moderated. You still have to approve them eventually so that the system doesn't think it is spam. But comments will show up on un-moderated hubs immediately. Denying them will hide them, but they will already have been read. That's why I put mine on moderated when I started getting spam. I still have to read spam, but no one else will on my hubs.

4. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

The real beauty of "moderate all hubs" is it allows all readers to leave a comment but gives you the option to totally delete an especially offensive comment (say one that's mostly foul language) before anyone else can see it.  Then you can direct a separate reply to the person who left it along the lines of "So-and-so, I deleted your comment because [state reason]".  That way, you acknowledge that they did leave a comment, but they can't accuse you of deleting it simply because their opinion didn't agree with your own.

working