jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

For those who write on multiple sites, how do you keep from having duplicate or

1. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

For those who write on multiple sites, how do you keep from having duplicate or similar content?

Do you write completely different articles for your different sites? Or do you write a general article and then use links to your hubpages? How do you avoid the duplicate content or similar content?

2. profile image0
    twinlyposted 5 years ago

When I switched hubpages accounts I had to rewrite all of my hubs because they all kept saying duplicate. Practically every one of them was copied in Google by various low quality websites.

3. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image90
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 5 years ago

You have to write new content. If it's not at least 75% different, it will come up duplicate. I'm actually in the process of leaving one site and focusing solely on hubpages. i'm deindexing my work from that site before transferring iut. Otherwise, I'd recommend writing different articles on each site. It's more work, but it's also a way to spread your net.

4. That Grrl profile image73
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

I write about the same topic from different angles/ slants. Or, I just rewrite the whole thing using different words. Try to write about the same thing twice without copying your original. There are always new bits you think to add. I never say the same thing in the same way. It only needs to be worded differently. It will get caught as a duplicate only if it really is copied pretty much word for word. I've written about how to make ASCII art at least five times but none of them are duplicates.

1. AlexK2009 profile image93
      AlexK2009posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I try to do the same. Same article different viewpoint. Works well.

5. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 5 years ago

I write for many sites and usually if there is something on the web I wrote, HP will tell me that there is something similar and to fix or change content.

6. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Writing for multiple sites on the Internet isn't as complicated as one would think. Different strokes for different sites. I have a site with a funny side. I have one for scarey stories, and one just for poetry. The main thing is to just simply have fun, and there's nothing better then receiving wonderful comments back from your readers. Keep on hubbing  smile

7. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I tend to write only about what I know well and am passionate about so it makes it easy for me.  Just like one can talk about the same topic to several people and not say it the same way twice.  I have several niche websites and I do hubs and they all offer something complementary rather than identical.  For example I have a website on making an income from writing that features a number of different fields etc.  I did a hub that was an overview that points to the website where there is more information.  The hub isn't just a "pitch" it is a freestanding thing with plenty of useful information itself smile  When you know a lot about a subject or you truly enjoy the subject writing about it from many different angles is much easier.

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i write short contents and add in the links from hubpages. I don't copy and paste. Just rewrite them introducing my HP articles

working