jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How exactly do you guys link your related hubs?

1. MarleneBotha profile image68
    MarleneBothaposted 5 years ago

How exactly do you guys link your related hubs?

Do you just add a link capsule at the end of your hub and insert the link of the relevant hubs, or what?

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I sort them into 'Groups'. Then the fiction is all connected to the fiction, the recipes to the recipes to recipes, etc. Make sure if you write a multiple part, that you put them in order. The parts will show up just below the article with the next one on one side and the previous one on the other. Looks much neater than putting all the links on.

3. angela_michelle profile image99
    angela_michelleposted 5 years ago

No, I actually link them by putting a link on related phrases. For example, if I'm writing about George Washington, and I reference John Adams in the article, I would highlight John Adams, and make a link to my John Adams article. They say that type of linking is more effective than if we were to put a list of hubs at the end.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

You can do both, I certainly do.  There are advantages to making natural in-text links since a reader who comes across the highlighted phrase may be tempted to open another page.  But a list of links is also attractive to readers who just skim.  If they don't find anything useful in your article, they might still be tempted by a list of related articles.

5. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I mix the links up but recently tend to put three or four in a link capsule at the end or sometimes (depending on the subject matter and length of hub) in the middle. The link capsule allows either a url paste or a search on HubPages.

6. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

The way I like to do it is right in the content, highlight a phrase, word or passage in edit mode and then click on the icon on the tool bar that looks like a chain link and then pick your hubs, select the one that fits click on it and boom your done.

You also can use RSS Feeds or a link capsule, however by using keywords in the content you can link as many hubs as you want and it looks so professional.