jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

If you won 10 million dollars, what would you do?

1. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 7 years ago

If you won 10 million dollars, what would you do?

2. rsmallory profile image79
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

After taxes (approx 30%), I would assume to have approx 7 million left. I would first tithe 10% to my church and probably give at least another 10% to charitable causes, leaving about 5 million. I would establish a trust for each of my children and grandchildren of 500k each which would leave me with 3 million. I would completely pay off all my debt and that of my sister and mother bringing me down to about 2.7 million.  I would probably buy a new house, furnishings, a motorcycle and a car for me and a new truck for my husband. I would then invest the majority of what was left (about 2 million)and hopefully live of the interest. The rest would be willed to my children.

3. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 7 years ago

fantastic ideas

4. Choke Frantic profile image86
    Choke Franticposted 7 years ago

I have no idea! I'd probably donate alot to the ZeitGeist movement...

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh really? and how does that ZeitGeist movement work? and where does one find that - is it an org?

5. geminimoon profile image60
    geminimoonposted 7 years ago

Be happy and do charity work.

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 7 years ago

I would wake up and get back to work, because you're dreamin' and so am I.  But if I could manage to dream a little longer I would buy my son and daughter each a home and myself one too and then we would try think of how to hold on to the rest of the cash which by then would be about $20 or so.

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I'll save the money so that I can spend it on advertising my social network when I launch it. big_smile

8. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

buy hubpages and give me 100 score lol

9. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

Quit everything I'm doing and go for a round the world luxury tour.

10. PabstPenrose profile image60
    PabstPenroseposted 7 years ago

I'd buy the Detroit Lions smile

11. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Setting side the usual half (five million) as a tax reserve, I'd take two million to invest in our homestead and various investments to secure our future as much as anything like that can be secured. 

The remaining three million?  I'd set that aside, and IF Sarah Palin declared her candidacy for President of the United States in 2012, figure out how I was going to LEGALLY donate it to her campaign.

1. rsmallory profile image79
      rsmalloryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I love it!

working