jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?

1. tobimaya profile image60
    tobimayaposted 4 years ago

If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?

I'm curious to what others would do. Maybe I just want other ideas or to find another goal or even reach for the stars.

2. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

Pay off my family's house and get out of credit card debt.

tobimayaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is a good one. It is always nice to pay off debt first, then think about other things later on.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

We have no debt, so I would immediately consult a tax professional to be sure everything was paid and no surprises would come along.

Secondly, I would make sure that we had good health insurance for the rest of our lives...that is getting harder and harder to achieve for people of average income.

Then I would give my children each a gift and do some reno work on my house.

As you can tell by these "lofty" goals I am older and material possessions don't really mean that much but quality of such as having good health insurance becomes paramount in importance.

4. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

I would retire from work (i am 55) buy a modest home by the sea (i live in a city in central England) and pursue my love of painting and playing the guitar.
    I would invest some in property (UK property has good rental returns) and help secure a future for my grandchildren.
    I am not a great lover of organised charities but i would seek to help other not so fortunate as myself.

I do like the sound of that.

5. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I would  donate to charity and make my dream come alive build my dream home

a dream home would be nice. but I always enjoy change. I can't see myself living in one place to often. Which is probably why i change jobs so often.

working