jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Why do people ask 20 questions in a row?

1. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Why do people ask 20 questions in a row?

I love to scroll through the questions often. I have noticed that some have asked many questions in a row. Why? This usually makes me scroll right past them and to another writer. Do you do the same?

2. WebsiteConfetti profile image66
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

I find that people that ask 20 questions in a row usually ask very mundane questions, which is why I scroll past them.

I guess people are trying to boost their revenue by asking more questions, but at the end of the day quality should matter over quantity anyway

3. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Most people who do this are newbies (under 3 months) and they are looking to build accolades. Some others just want to get noticed. They figure that by asking questions they may seem to be participating in the site. They believe they will build their hubberscore this way. This has been happening long before HP made the questions section financially viable but some people might be doing it for the earning potential.

I really find it annoying to see one person clog the feed with nonsensical or mundane questions.

4. Randy M. profile image86
    Randy M.posted 5 years ago

Sheer foolishness.  They are under the silly illusion that people are stupid or aren't aware that the questions aren't genuine and that they are being conjured up to "get traffic."  The days of spammy content are over.  Google has changed their search algorithms to make spammy content more irrelevant, and people on the street are fed up with this type of behavior.  People need to get real and wake up - making genuine, engaging material.

5. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

Thanks for asking this. I wondered why. I guess I should find out how to ask a question.

6. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

I couldn't come up with twenty questions for which I care about the answers, not at one time anyway.  I certainly would not release them all at once because I could not keep up with all of the responses; or, more likely, it would really be depressing if no one answered any of them.  I haven't really thought much about how I approach questions.  I just ask them or respond to them. 

If I remember correctly, I will usually skim questions that are part of such a blitz, and most of those questions are not that interesting.  I have always assumed that was just a part of a marketing effort, or something like that, and moved on.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, like you, I scroll right past the "askers" who have so many questions in a row - because obviously they are not really interested in an answer.

8. Goody5 profile image69
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Some of these folks are just simply trying to get an accolade, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as they are good constructive questions.

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah....but usually they're not!

9. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Well, I haven't been able to do that and generally my questions don't get many people reaponding, but why not ask questions in a row. If they're not silly and utterly rediculous, I don't see the harm. Keep on scrolling.

10. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

I think HP gives you a temporary ban if you ask too many questions in a row, so whoever is doing it won't be able to for long.