jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What makes my question end up on the 'Hot' list?

1. Jesse Mugnier profile image73
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

What makes my question end up on the 'Hot' list?

I like to ask questions, and so I do, often. I see my questions under the 'Hot' tab and wonder, what makes that question "hot" and some of my other questions not?
    Some of my questions will have a lot of answers, and never make the 'hot' list, while others have 1 or 2 answers and appear on the list.
    Does it have to do with catagory? Phrasing? I'm so baffled.

2. isenhower33 profile image77
    isenhower33posted 5 years ago

What was your views like for them questions? It has to do with that too. If your question gets a lot of people looking that helps it out to rich the Hot tab.

Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe. But my most popular question had 44 page views with 9 answers and still was not on the hot list... I just don't get it

3. nanderson500 profile image88
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Yeah it just means that lots of people are viewing/commenting/answering your question. You must ask good questions if many of them are on the "hot" list.

Thanks, I'd like to think that... Not sure though, I think there's more to it than that.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

It seems to me that questions about trendy topics on HubPages go straight to the hot list. For instance, I asked a question about the pinterest button when it was first introduced, a question about the apprenticeship program when the first group was graduating, and a question about the new profile page when it was first implemented. All of those questions went straight to the top of the hot list before they had any views or answers.

I agree with you, I think this is it. But shouldn't  the hot questions be the ones with the most answers, page views and comments? I think that's how it should be. Thank you for answering!

5. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Nice question and i too always wonder the very fact.
    Thanks but I am not sure myself. Actually I am going to follow this question really.
    Thanks

Thank you. I hope we figure it out. I think Sherry Hewins has it right.

working