jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How can you tell if your hubs have been copied?

1. grumpiornot profile image70
    grumpiornotposted 5 years ago

How can you tell if your hubs have been copied?

I have noticed comments that writers have had their content reproduced on other sites, without any mention of the original author's details.

How can you check if others are stealing your content?

2. profile image0
    twinlyposted 5 years ago

Hello,

I recently closed my first hubpages account and saved one of my hubs for re-use.

It kept saying duplicate here on hubpages when I eventually got around to re-using it. So I did a search for two of my lines in Google. Sure enough I found my article ripped off by two websites. Since I deleted my first hubpages account, I had no proof that these were my articles, and they were ranking fairly well from the people that stole them. It was pretty discouraging. It took me so much time and effort.

Anyway make sure you don't delete your hubpages account because I have noticed that many of my new hubs are already being taken. All you have to do is search for a couple of lines in Google. There are also free programs to determine if plagiarism is suspected. Just do a search in your favorite search engine.

Oh and also with the new google updates they are supposed to be cracking down on duplicate content. I have noticed that it seems there is way more copied content ranking. For example if I do a search of a term, it seems I am always re-reading the same articles! Maybe this is just in my head though I dunno...

grumpiornotposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply - will be doing lots of googling in the next few days. I came across some content that looked very familiar, but i suppose that in a big arena like the web, millions of people are bound to have similar ideas.

3. Angie Jardine profile image80
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

Use PlagiarismChecker.com to check if someone has stolen your work. The site explains how to use it. If someone else has stolen your work it will show up then.

If work has been stolen you will need to contact Google to ask them to remove the stolen work. You can do that on this link

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

but you will need to show that the work is yours - usually the date it was posted on the web does that.
    To stop people using your work as soon as you have written it enter a line or two on Google Alerts - again this page explains how to do that.

I hope this helps - I have had a lot of work stolen and it is a real pain getting the plagiarised stuff taken down. Good luck!

grumpiornotposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your info is most useful! I have not heard of sites like that and will use them in the future. Appreciate your comment and input.
      It does sound like I might be better off making my peace with the fact that there are content thieves, than fighting it

2. Angie Jardine profile image80
      Angie Jardineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It would certainly be easier to ignore them but I just felt I had to take a stand, grumpiornot. It was certainly time consuming …

working