jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Pending hubs dilemma

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago

Pending hubs dilemma

How can a Hub still "pending" for publication have 13 viewers already? It does not sense to me. Just another HP nonsens

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3296078_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, Hubs that are pending are still visible. The 24 hour pending status makes no sense to me either. Just more nonsense.

Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am sick and tired of nonsense changes or additions and HP is coming out with new ones all the time

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

So am I Petra. It is getting very annoying.

3. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

It seems to me, that the goal of this new feature is to prevent spammy, low quality content from getting quickly indexed into the search engines.  24 hours or more of "pending" status would allow more time for somebody to flag a low-grade Hub or more time to get caught by the lovely automatic filters we have here.  The message I got on my last Hub, basically said that the Hub is still visible for readers but pending to the search engines, and when its status becomes active or "featured," it will be visble to the SEs (Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.) for indexing.

Yeah, well, this sounds like a good idea for repeat offenders, but I'd say that most of us would rather have our stuff active on the spot, as soon as we hit the word "publish."

I liked when I was able to time the publication of my hubs and it made a lot of difference. For the "qualified opinion" of Google, Yahoo and the rest I never cared since my hubs are clearly marked - NON commercial.

2. DrMark1961 profile image98
      DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree it is a good idea for some but long term users, and those who have hundreds of hubs, really do not need to deal with it.

3. Insane Mundane profile image60
      Insane Mundaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@DrMark1961:  Exactly!

4. Goody5 profile image78
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It's possible that the 13 views are actually your own. I've went ahead and just simply clicked on yes to show idled hubs on my profile, which also includes newly published hubs. I wrote a quick fix on how to take care of all of this - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status  Keep on hubbing  smile

1. Insane Mundane profile image60
      Insane Mundaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, if people would regularly tweak and edit their low-performing Hubs, it wouldn't ever be a big deal, as it doesn't require rocket science, as they say...  Just think of all the Hubs that got zapped from the non-active members...  Ha!

2. Petra Vlah profile image61

Thank you so much Goody; after reading your hub I changed my settings on my profile page and at least the HP community can see them. I totally dislike the arrogance that HP has and their "explanation" that is for our own good

working