jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is anyone considering moving their idled Hubs to another service like InfoBarrel

1. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

Is anyone considering moving their idled Hubs to another service like InfoBarrel or Squidoo?

I am seriously contemplating moving my idled hubs to a different service.  Clearly these are not my best performing hubs, but they do collectively get some traffic.  In some cases they have simply been idled before I could do any sort of SEO to build traffic.

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yeah, this sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't have any idle hubs, so I don't have any first hand experience with what to do to get it out of idle status, but moving it to another website seems like an option.

As you mentioned, however, the hubs are idle because they don't get much traffic, which is probably because it is not a popular topic, or some other issues. So just moving the articles to another site may or may not affect how much traffic you get.

Perhaps even starting a blog and adding idle content to that would be more beneficial, especially if the content is all on the same topic.

3. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 5 years ago

The few idle hubs I have are on some aspect of HubPages, interestingly enough. I do have one idle crochet hub that I am thinking of moving over to my crochet blog now that you mention moving idle hubs. Thanks for the idea!

4. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

The hub pages are definitely going through some changes now and you can see what's been happening for sometime now - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Google-vs-the-Hub-Pages  However I have no intentions on going anywhere at this time. Like the old saying goes, rats leave sinking ships. Keep on hubbing  smile

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

The idling thing is silly in my opinion, but luckily it seems to be very easy to remove.  I had a few calculus problem solving tutorials that were idled and all I did to de-idle them was fix a typo here and there and add one or two sentences of clarification.  They were back to normal the next day.

Whatever process HP uses to idle an article seems to be very forgiving.  Other people have noted that just adding a picture or making minor text changes is all it takes.

If you want to remove them and republish them on another site, why not build your own website?  That way you aren't at the whim and mercy of the site administrators' ever-changing policies. 

Or if you don't want the added effort of having to build and maintain your own site, I would recommend Infobarrel only because they give a higher percentage of the ad impressions -- 75%.