jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

All of a sudden I've been getting a slew of followers.......

1. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

All of a sudden I've been getting a slew of followers.......

All of them are brand new members with 0 Followers and 0 Hubs. Is this a coincidence or is this happening to other hubbers?

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I find that the more active I am in the Hubpages community, the more followers I get, or at least, they come in waves. it's a good inspiration to keep on being active, I think. Plus you get to know people. There are thousands of writers on here, but you can definitely spot the most active ones simply by being active yourself. There's certain hubbers that I even know what their answer might be when I go to answer a question and see they've answered it as well. It's kind of neat smile
    Stay active, write lots and followers will follow smile

1. MikeSyrSutton profile image64
      MikeSyrSuttonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The more active or attractive you are? You are beautiful and a great writer...who wouldn't follow you Tpen?

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why thankee! smile

3. cam8510 profile image95
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I get that occasionally.  Maybe it is someone who is here to read and joins but never writes anything.  I'm not sure.  I usually don't follow them.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

That happens to me too and then later they disappear.  I think their purpose in mass following other people is to get as many newly published hubs appearing in their feeds as possible so they can later scrape and spin the articles to post on other sites.  If you have time, just flag the suspicious accounts.

1. Efficient Admin profile image92
      Efficient Adminposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was afraid of, like a bunch of "spammers" if you will trying to hijack hubs.  Can you tell me how to flag their accounts as suspicious?

2. StandingJaguar profile image79
      StandingJaguarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just click on their name to go to their profile page, and in the upper right you will see "Flag", and choose which ever option seems to fit best; maybe "spam".

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Quite often if you go onto (their page) and click (my activity) you will see they have been clicking "following" many times with no comments posted on hubs or answers to questions. Some people do this hoping you will automatically reciprocate by following them. Their goal is to rack up a number of followers. Usually they will unfollow you in a week or two especially if you opt not to follow them.

6. Goody5 profile image77
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It sounds very flattering to me. If I was you then I would just enjoy the moment, because nothing last forever.

7. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Fan following is something that's a huge factor online today, and due to social acceptance levels and sharing, but how does one tell if its true or false. read more... read more

8. MickSay profile image61
    MickSayposted 5 years ago

It could be from what I've seen people have started talking about hub pages, as it there have been some blog posts recently and they are coming over to check it out - as are the oldies that don't come here often. smile

working