jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has the quality of HP postings declined in past months? That's my impression. Wh

1. claudiafox profile image74
    claudiafoxposted 5 years ago

Has the quality of HP postings declined in past months? That's my impression. What's your view?

2. Conservative Lady profile image74
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

I beleive the quality of hubs I read during Hub hopping have definitely declined recently. There seems to be a lot more "diary" type posts and most are very short - nobody else's business type things. There are also a lot of sales pitches. It is important that we report these sales pitches and add comments to the others to help new comers to Hubpages learn what this site is about.

3. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

You are correct and just about everything has been on the decline here at the hub pages since the end of Summer. I been keeping track and numbers don't lie - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Google-vs-the-Hub-Pages

4. Lizam1 profile image81
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I have noticed when hopping quite a few sales pitches and some really badly translated "cut and paste" style offerings.  I usually flag those hubs.

5. austinhealy profile image74
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

I think the choice one faces on Hubpages these days is between producing quality, well researched and interesting hubs, or writing more quickly put together articles. Unfortunately, it seems that the current trend rewards the latter over the former. From what I have observed, there seems to be a direct relation between the quantity of hubs produced and the number of page views as well as one's hubscore. Basically, the next day, everything is old! Since a large number of Hubpagers rely on their writing to complement their income, it's easy to fall in the trap of writing more, and publish more often, which, of course, unless you're a genius, is likely to be detrimental to quality. But there are still a large number of interesting hubs produced, more than I can read actually. Has the quality declined ? I couldn't say for sure, being quite new here, but in any case, I'm here to stay.

working