jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do accolades on your hubpages profile page make a difference to your earnings?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

Do accolades on your hubpages profile page make a difference to your earnings?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7428095_f260.jpg

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

The accolades do not affect your earnings, except in a very miniscule hub. A Hubber looking at your profile page may be so impressed that s/he reads an extra hub of yours.  Maybe if you wrote a hub about how to write on HubPages, they may find you more credible and more likely to read the hub.

Mostly, accolades do give you some feedback about your traffic, and therefore your earnings.  The more hubs you have, the greater the chance that you have more traffic, particularly if your hubs are engaging and people stay on the page.  The number of views affect your earnings.  Your participation in the community via the Q&A and commenter level means you are more likely to be found by other Hubbers, so they are more likely to read your hubs.  Any awards you win, like Rising Star or Hub of the Day, also likely meant that people came to see your hubs particularly around the time period of the announcement, and that you write quality hubs, therefore more traffic and the possibility of more earnings.

3. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Last week i earned a new accolade as Level 2 Commentator. I don't know if it is related but the same week I earned my accolade was also when I saw a hike in my earnings.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, they do not. They are just to signify your accomplishments on HubPages.

5. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

The accolades are only to encourage you to be more active on the site, they do not increase your earnings. It's doubtful that users with more accolades earn more, since commenting, answering questions, posting in forums, and using the hub hopper do not pay anything.

I wouldn't have a problem displaying my accolades except that I really don't want anyone to see how many page views my hubs have received.  So I keep mine hidden from public view.  If you think that displaying them may encourage more people to read your hubs, then you should make them visible.

6. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

You only earn money when people read your hubs and when people click on the Adsense ads that appear on your questions. (Q&A doesn't pay by views at this time the way that hubs do.)

7. Mellyunplugged profile image78
    Mellyunpluggedposted 5 years ago

I dont know if it will affect our earnings in a big way, but every accolade that I earn or will earn makes me feel good and proud. Its a kind of acheivement/recognition as far as I am concerned.

8. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Probably not, but they are certainly nice to look at. :0)

9. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

When one of my hubs was a "Hub of the Day", its views skyrocketed. Other accolades didn't seem to affect the number of views.

working