jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

My HubPages profile page Google pagerank is 3. What is yours?

1. Teresa Schultz profile image79
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

My HubPages profile page Google pagerank is 3. What is yours?

You can use a free online pagerank checker tool to instantly check the pagerank of your HubPages profile, like the Google PageRank Checker. Simply copy and paste your HubPages profile page's url into the space for it on the Google PageRank Checker site, hit "check PR" and then type in the captcha phrase, and then hit "verify now." I'm quite pleased with a pagerank of 3, but would like to aim for 4 next, and then I'd be particularly happy with 5. You can try to increase your HubPages profile pagerank by increasing the amount of high quality sites you leave a link to your profile on.

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

This is very cool. I rank number 1 - that is my profile page. Thank you. I know what Ill be doing all day now smile

Teresa Schultzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad this question has inspired you to get some more links coming to your profile page - perhaps to your hubs too - from outside quality sites. Maybe it will get your 1 to change to a 2 soon! More traffic and earnings in the process too!

3. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

My Page Rank is 2. It used to be really important for page rankings in Google, but I'm not sure how much it contributes these days to a site's position in Google search. Interesting though.

I don't know if it contributes towards a search result position anymore either, but as you say, interesting - to many, I think, this pagerank thing. Sometimes I've gotten search results on page 1 of Google for pages that have only 0 or 1 pagerank.

4. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure I follow this. So is the goal to be a 10 or a 0. Some of my pages I put in say n/a. Some say 0 and others say 2. I have only done a few so far. So what's the goal? Thanks for posting this as I had no clue about it.

Hi peeples - the ultimate would be a 10. 0 is worst. 1, although better, is not very good. I don't know if pagerank is still as important as it used to be considered, but it's still fun checking one's pagerank. HubPages homepage Google pagerank is 6.

5. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

Mine is not ranked yet. How long do you have to be with HP before it will rank your page?

Hi Yvette - I don't think Google gives a pagerank to a page based on how old a page is - I think it's based on the number of links pointing to a page from other sites - you get some very old sites with no links pointing at them, and have pagerank 0.

6. WebsiteConfetti profile image65
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

Mines a 2, which Im happy with as I never actually thought of my profile page as something I should promote, but it makes perfect sense. Hub Pages overall has a good page rank anyway, 6, which is why many people write for Hub Pages.

Im not sure when the last page rank update was. As they happen every 3 months, maybe I climb a rank by the nect one!

7. Patkay profile image89
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

My page rank is 3. I hope I will improve it as time goes. But I am happy so far. Thanks Teresa for asking, I can see there are some who did not know about Google page ranking.

8. Muhammad Royhan profile image60
    Muhammad Royhanposted 5 years ago

i'm not sure work me because i'm a new hub user.

9. ThelmaC profile image100
    ThelmaCposted 5 years ago

Thanks so much for this information!  I am a 2 and will keep watching for it to go up!

10. Brandon Martin profile image78
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

Your name sounds super-duper familiar?!!

11. CrescentSkies profile image87
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Mine is Page Rank 2 and rising. Also it's not just high quality backlinks that matter, you have to leave them on relevant sites or they're worthless.

12. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

My PR is 2 which is pretty solid in my view.  I have been a member for well over a year, but I didn't writer anything until late winter (2012).  I have some fairly large sites that have been around for a while and are well indexed that are only scoring a PR1, so clearly HP carries some Google weight.  I also have some hubs that are already PR3.

working