jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Hubpages is doing away with the RSS capsules do you think it's a bad idea?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Hubpages is doing away with the RSS capsules do you think it's a bad idea?

I certainly do - my best performing hubs are the ones that have the RSS feeds on them that go to my blogs and websites.  I think this may be the last straw for me with HP and all their changes with vague reasons as to why.  Do spammers abuse RSS feeds? certainly - but what about those of us who do not? Very aggravated by this.

2. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

christin I think you make an excellent point. I haven't used RSS because I don't think I get it. hP should promote and explain it rather than remove it. if it works for you it can work for others, including me. I am now following you. I hope you don't leave. Your hubs are great.

3. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

I think HubPages maybe on a mission to shut themselves down. I was unhappy with the Google + option being taken away but RSS feed is standard for blogs.

4. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

I suppose RSS was one way of getting traffic to your hub so yeah it's sad to see RSS go.

5. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

I did use the RSS capsule and found it to be a good way to pull traffic on other hubs under the same group. now I am in a fix as to how to link  same topic hubs together in related hubs.

6. profile image0
    mayank786posted 5 years ago

as i am new on this hub but i recently know that the RSS was the great source for getting more traffic but it feels very bad to hear that news that RSS is go:(

7. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 5 years ago

I used the RSS capsule to link to on topic blog feeds, and other on topic hubs too. This is practically the same thing that happened with the news capsule they did away with some time ago. HP is becoming too restrictive.

8. sleepylog profile image96
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

I wasn't happy to hear that RSS feeds were going to disappear, especially as I had just learned to use them and now I can't even  do that.