From a traffic perspective, what was your most memorable hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)
  1. JanMaklak profile image75
    JanMaklakposted 11 years ago

From a traffic perspective, what was your most memorable hub?

Some hubs you think are great don't get the views and others you thought were only marginal seem to have wild success.  Do you have a short story and maybe an analysis about your writings?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Great question. I have a hub called "The History of Mountain Dew" which is by far my best hub as far as views. I was just drinking a Mountain Dew one day and thought "I'm going to write about this." For some reason it took off and has been getting a steady amount of views from the day I wrote it.

1. JanMaklak profile image75
      JanMaklakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cool!  not what I expected.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me neither!! lol

3. teutophile profile image86
    teutophileposted 11 years ago

My "Five Interesting Facts" series has done very well and is the set of hubs about which I am most pleased.  I had an earlier one, though, called "Four Presidents Who Chose Not to Run for Reelection (and One Who Chose to)" which I had designed as an American history hub.  It was a real sleeper for many months and then, during the past U.S. election, it really took off -- lots and lots and lots of views.  Don't know if someone was trying to send a message there, but I definitely got the traffic and I wasn't expecting it. 

In any event, the conventional wisdom still holds.  If you want to get the views, write about something people are interested in (or will be, some day) and write it in an engaging way that will keep their eyes on the page.

4. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

I have a hub about the life of former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. Sometimes it falls idle but if I post links here on hub pages to this hub it does get some very good traffic. I think the same goes for at least 80% of my hubs. If I just let them lay they go idle. But if I promote them they get really good traffic.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

There are three ways to angle your hubs -

the evergreen way
    the catch the wave now way
    the seasonal way

Back in the summer I decided to write sports hubs for a european soccer tournament knowing that the interest would peak for about a month then drop off the hubber's cliff edge. The traffic was phenomenal for a few of my hubs for about a fortnight and then, as expected, stopped!

I have over the months since then changed these hubs into more generic type articles and they get slow traffic now.

My surprise package has been Bird Poems and other poetic hubs - the evergreen hubs - and they're starting to tick over nicely, nothing sensational but ok.

Recipes for healthy eating also do much better than other ordinary recipe hubs.

Out of all the hubs the most memorable was a soccer hub - 2500 in a few days (that is very good for an amateur like me!!) plus 6000 image hits!!!!! Typical sports fans!!
    If only they counted.

Best of luck with all your hubbing.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

The biggest surge of traffic I ever got was when I posted one of my motorcycle hubs http://sherryhewins.hubpages.com/hub/The-Knucklehead on Reddit. It got 600 views in 2 days. My hub with the most consistent traffic, and the most over time is a complete surprise to me, it's about my dog, http://sherryhewins.hubpages.com/hub/Mu … nd-or-Daug

7. passthejelly profile image70
    passthejellyposted 11 years ago

I quit writing on hubpages for awhile and then came back to write about a game I had been playing.  Surprisingly I got more traffic then I ever thought I could possibly get.  Just shows how you can have success on here writing about anything.

8. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 11 years ago

My Hub "Balanced Scorecard - Advantages and Disadvantages" has done extremely well. This was simply written as an in-depth explanation of the concept.
    Some of my other hubs that do well are engineering related, answering questions that are hard to answer without spending hundreds of dollars on standards from standard organizations like ANSI and ISO.
    Then I have several hundred hubs that have low to no hits.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)