How do you make decent money on hubpages?

1. jackb3 profile image60
    jackb3posted 5 years ago

How do you make decent money on hubpages?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

You create a LOT of high quality pages.

No, I do not make what I consider decent money at all...but I make steady money here, and probably I've published here 50 percent more than what I currently have here...as about a third of the total wasn't up to good specs for this site.

I know how to make decent money here.  As for myself, it is only a matter of getting more done.

You have to create content search engine users often search for, and then the content has to be something close to or just what they were looking for.

You have to provide searchers with the information they want.

3. MikeNV profile image80
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

It's not about volume, you can write a 1,000 articles and none of them may get indexed by Google or read by anyone.

So Quality counts.

Next you have to write about commercial subjects that have large pools of available advertisers.

Go to Amazon and see what people are buying BEFORE you write about a product.  Some people will try to find the most expensive items (which can work sometimes), but you are better off writing about products that people can and will buy online.  Who buys a Dishwasher? Amazon has a top list that tells you what people buy.

The next thing you can do is promote your own hubs on other sites (link back to your hubs).

You are not going to get rich, but if you commit to a couple of articles over time you will start to earn enough money to make it worth your while.  I've been here 3 years already, athough I don't have time to write much any more.

working