jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Do most hubbers (80%) make money on Hubpages ?

1. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Do most hubbers (80%) make money on Hubpages ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8403884_f260.jpg

2. ClarkSteveB profile image82
    ClarkSteveBposted 4 years ago

If you call $5 a month "making money", then yes.

loveofnightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's more than I have made in a month since I have been here,  I have stayed here for so long because I love Hubpages.

3. jonathanago profile image82
    jonathanagoposted 4 years ago

i am still figuring out how to make hubpages work for me. I'm not doing it for the money, just doing it to just get my thoughts conveyed. I use blogger for my more explicit articles, as hubpages are picky what articles to make featured. I say, if your article is not featured, its not a bother. I use hubpages for more technical and business opinions, where I use blogger for everything else, as I do have a whacky imagination. I make an average of 1-2 per month through hubpages, where with blogger through my adsense account, I make about the same. I use my adsense for my videos and other business sites, so it puts money in my pocket; but to make a living no. To answer your question, I think anyone with a hubpages account who writes quality articles are making some sort of revenue, but I would say only 1% of hubpage writers are making enough income to call it a living.

4. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 4 years ago

Yeah, I don't spend much time or effort with hubpages anymore since I found niche blogging so much more lucrative, but I still make $50 about every 2 months which adds up over time.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 4 years ago

This month, I'm making $500.  That is the most I've ever made in one month, but I've been making over $100 for a while now.  I've been on HubPages for 2 1/2 years, I've gone through the apprenticeship program and made most of my hubs conform to the standards of "stellar" hubs.  I have over 250 Hubs and have captured a few niche topics.  My two most successful: How to do an elementary school science experiment, and How to Write College Essays.  I know a lot about the topics I write about and I try to write mostly from my personal experience with some research to back up things I don't know.  For example, I just wrote a Hub on Sugar free brownies and added a table about the different kinds of no calorie sweeteners.  I try to make my hubs interesting by adding extra information like that.  I also take almost all of my own pictures and have worked hard to take lots of good shots people want to look at.  Yes, you can make money on HubPages but you need to treat it like a job.

Thank you so much for your detailed information, I will be visiting your pages to pick up some pointers. It is truly my desire to succeed on Hubpages.

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image85
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are an inspiration! I'm so glad you shared!

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

I got intimation from HP yesterday regarding my payment. They have issued $ 55.69  in my account. I am happy. This is my first earning from HP. I am on my way of earning $ 1 daily.  I am confident of earning more in the coming days. Currently I am earning $ 5/weekly.  Be optimistic. You will earn. Keep on working hard and earn more.

7. NitroD profile image66
    NitroDposted 4 years ago

Well $2 per month (sometimes $3). With HubPages I pay myself a coffee per month smile BTW I have not redeemed yet and getting to $60 dollar is still a long way for me sad(

8. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Yes - of course these earnings are generally offset by the cost of electricity and items one purchases to write on (e.g. iPad).

I'm just in it for the fun!

9. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

I am currently earning about 5-6 dollars a month. I have been here for about four months now. With 16 hubs so far, I believe this is a good start. I have observed that some of my hubs get more views than others. So I am trying to tweak the ones with low traffic. And I am doing it part time along with my main job in BPO. I really hope that earnings would increase as I add more articles and get more traffic.

10. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

I'm going to have to look at VirginiaLynne's hubs for sure.  I have 32 hubs and since Dec. 26, 2012, I've had over 26,000 (whatevers - people reading?) and I've made $48.31.  I get distracted with the Question/Answer section and really am not at all motivated any longer to write new hubs. One contest that hubpages had motivated me to do a hub on how to publish a children's book.  I didn't win, but that's an ever-green type of hub.  So last month I made about $4.50 or something here and for paltry little blurbs on bubblews, I keep watching the pennies collect and it's up to $12 something without very much effort at all.  There, I get to express my ideas quickly and go on to the next.  However, I'm more proud of some of my hubs here.  I think it's a matter of focus and a love for this kind of writing.  I've never liked more journalistic style of writing so I rebel against it.  Personal essays are what I love to read and write, so my motivation here is limited because of my interest. That being said, I still keep coming back because there is something very appealing here.

There truly is something appealing here. That's probably why I am still here. Right now I am trying hard to make my hubs more appealing and get more traffic which has distracted me from writing more hubs but I haven't given up yet.

11. uNicQue profile image83
    uNicQueposted 4 years ago

I've been on HubPages for about a year, and I haven't posted nearly as much as I would like to, but I've made about $50. I'm close to my first payout, which I'm excited about smile It seems to me like you get out of it what you put in. If you want to make a significant income, you need to treat it like a full-time job.

That is what I would love to do, but in the mean time I see it as being rewarded for doing something that I love.

working