Do most hubbers (80%) make money on Hubpages ?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. loveofnight profile image75
    loveofnightposted 10 years ago

Do most hubbers (80%) make money on Hubpages ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8403884_f260.jpg

2. ClarkSteveB profile image76
    ClarkSteveBposted 10 years ago

If you call $5 a month "making money", then yes.

loveofnightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's more than I have made in a month since I have been here,  I have stayed here for so long because I love Hubpages.

3. jonathanago profile image45
    jonathanagoposted 10 years ago

i am still figuring out how to make hubpages work for me. I'm not doing it for the money, just doing it to just get my thoughts conveyed. I use blogger for my more explicit articles, as hubpages are picky what articles to make featured. I say, if your article is not featured, its not a bother. I use hubpages for more technical and business opinions, where I use blogger for everything else, as I do have a whacky imagination. I make an average of 1-2 per month through hubpages, where with blogger through my adsense account, I make about the same. I use my adsense for my videos and other business sites, so it puts money in my pocket; but to make a living no. To answer your question, I think anyone with a hubpages account who writes quality articles are making some sort of revenue, but I would say only 1% of hubpage writers are making enough income to call it a living.

4. internpete profile image83
    internpeteposted 10 years ago

Yeah, I don't spend much time or effort with hubpages anymore since I found niche blogging so much more lucrative, but I still make $50 about every 2 months which adds up over time.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image90
    VirginiaLynneposted 10 years ago

This month, I'm making $500.  That is the most I've ever made in one month, but I've been making over $100 for a while now.  I've been on HubPages for 2 1/2 years, I've gone through the apprenticeship program and made most of my hubs conform to the standards of "stellar" hubs.  I have over 250 Hubs and have captured a few niche topics.  My two most successful: How to do an elementary school science experiment, and How to Write College Essays.  I know a lot about the topics I write about and I try to write mostly from my personal experience with some research to back up things I don't know.  For example, I just wrote a Hub on Sugar free brownies and added a table about the different kinds of no calorie sweeteners.  I try to make my hubs interesting by adding extra information like that.  I also take almost all of my own pictures and have worked hard to take lots of good shots people want to look at.  Yes, you can make money on HubPages but you need to treat it like a job.

Thank you so much for your detailed information, I will be visiting your pages to pick up some pointers. It is truly my desire to succeed on Hubpages.

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image75
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are an inspiration! I'm so glad you shared!

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

I got intimation from HP yesterday regarding my payment. They have issued $ 55.69  in my account. I am happy. This is my first earning from HP. I am on my way of earning $ 1 daily.  I am confident of earning more in the coming days. Currently I am earning $ 5/weekly.  Be optimistic. You will earn. Keep on working hard and earn more.

7. NitroD profile image64
    NitroDposted 10 years ago

Well $2 per month (sometimes $3). With HubPages I pay myself a coffee per month smile BTW I have not redeemed yet and getting to $60 dollar is still a long way for me sad(

8. definitions profile image60
    definitionsposted 10 years ago

Yes - of course these earnings are generally offset by the cost of electricity and items one purchases to write on (e.g. iPad).

I'm just in it for the fun!

9. myefforts profile image65
    myeffortsposted 10 years ago

I am currently earning about 5-6 dollars a month. I have been here for about four months now. With 16 hubs so far, I believe this is a good start. I have observed that some of my hubs get more views than others. So I am trying to tweak the ones with low traffic. And I am doing it part time along with my main job in BPO. I really hope that earnings would increase as I add more articles and get more traffic.

10. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 10 years ago

I'm going to have to look at VirginiaLynne's hubs for sure.  I have 32 hubs and since Dec. 26, 2012, I've had over 26,000 (whatevers - people reading?) and I've made $48.31.  I get distracted with the Question/Answer section and really am not at all motivated any longer to write new hubs. One contest that hubpages had motivated me to do a hub on how to publish a children's book.  I didn't win, but that's an ever-green type of hub.  So last month I made about $4.50 or something here and for paltry little blurbs on bubblews, I keep watching the pennies collect and it's up to $12 something without very much effort at all.  There, I get to express my ideas quickly and go on to the next.  However, I'm more proud of some of my hubs here.  I think it's a matter of focus and a love for this kind of writing.  I've never liked more journalistic style of writing so I rebel against it.  Personal essays are what I love to read and write, so my motivation here is limited because of my interest. That being said, I still keep coming back because there is something very appealing here.

There truly is something appealing here. That's probably why I am still here. Right now I am trying hard to make my hubs more appealing and get more traffic which has distracted me from writing more hubs but I haven't given up yet.

11. uNicQue profile image69
    uNicQueposted 10 years ago

I've been on HubPages for about a year, and I haven't posted nearly as much as I would like to, but I've made about $50. I'm close to my first payout, which I'm excited about smile It seems to me like you get out of it what you put in. If you want to make a significant income, you need to treat it like a full-time job.

That is what I would love to do, but in the mean time I see it as being rewarded for doing something that I love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)