jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do my views decrease throughout the days?

1. sleepylog profile image95
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

What do my views decrease throughout the days?

Lately I've notice that my daily views actually go down during the day. Shouldn't they go up as the day goes along?

2. poshcoffeeco profile image81
    poshcoffeecoposted 5 years ago

I think it depends what time zone you are in. Mine change around mid-day and I am in the UK. When you are sleeping you won't see the change over, but will notice next time you check your views.

3. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

The views are based on a 24 hour period... for example from 10am the previous day to 10am today. So as the day progresses the 24 hour period shifts. It's not an exact real time and doesn't add together throughout the day. So if your views have dipped during the day its because sometime in that 24 hour period you had less views than the previous 24 hour period.

I believe there is something in the learning center regarding how they do views. If you want real time views, use Google Analytics.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It depends on the time zone you are in. The time zone for HP I'm sure is different from that of many, many hubbers. This is the reason why, the statistics change within a 24 hour period, so it can be several different times depending on where you live.

5. sleepylog profile image95
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for your answers. I didn't realise the view count was based the previous 24 hour time period. I thought it was based on an actual calendar day. Makes much more sense now.

Closed to reply

working