jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Can Yahoo and Bing be helpful in overcoming the decrease in page views

1. Sinea Pies profile image80
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

Question. Does anybody know how to "make use of " Yahoo and Bing?

In response to dipping views someone mentioned "using" them more. I don't get it. I've kind of felt that we are all at the mercy of the search engine people decide to use, Google being the most popular.

1. sportgames profile image60
      sportgamesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so. Bing and yahoo don't get close to the huge numbers of people use google

2. Dale Hyde profile image84
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To make use of Yahoo and Bing, to me, would be to submit your hub url to their search data base.  Eventually, they will pick up HP hubs, but submitting yourself will speed things along.  Even with Google, I use Webmaster Tools and submit my newly published hubs during the "Fetch with Googlebot".  This will speed up Google crawling your newest material.

1. Sinea Pies profile image80
        Sinea Piesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

OK, this makes sense! Thanks. smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image84
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. Hopefully you will get some other ideas on that.  I speak only from what I do and have seen that work in my instance.  Never have I researched the issue however.

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I don't believe getting hubs indexed by Google is the problem.  Getting the Big G to rank them is the bigger problem. smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

It's always good to have multiple traffic sources that earn you some clicks. After google privacy policy changes and shutdown of scroogle many users are moving away from google, so yes, bing and yahoo traffic does help to some extent.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I use my RSS feed to display my HP site in the my yahoo section for Y! and there's also the blog section in your hotmail account to use hmm also try Y! groups, have your signature url. Just some thoughts and no expert here tongue smile

working