Any Alternative to Hub Pages ?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (20 posts)
  1. alikhan3 profile image88
    alikhan3posted 11 years ago

Any Alternative to Hub Pages ?

2. kwade tweeling profile image70
    kwade tweelingposted 11 years ago

Sure. It depends on what you want. Wordpress has a blogging system you can use free or monetize. There's also squarespace.com. There are others as well. Some good searches will find all manner of site.

So my question is, what are you looking for?

3. Doctor Kristy profile image85
    Doctor Kristyposted 11 years ago

Many. Off the top of my head, Squidoo, Infobarrel and Wizzley are some of the well known ones.

There's also Triond, the only one apart from hubpages I've given a try. I wrote a hub  about the pros and cons of Triond, which you can read at http://doctorkristy.hubpages.com/hub/Ma … ith-Triond

4. Lwelch profile image79
    Lwelchposted 11 years ago

Weebly allows adsense posting and you get 50% of the impressions.  Squidoo is very similar to hubpages.

5. gags3480 profile image61
    gags3480posted 11 years ago

There are many alternatives. You can refer this article-

http://gags3480.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-t … ine-Part-1

6. Raitu Disong profile image60
    Raitu Disongposted 11 years ago

Try E notes references & globeethics ..
    I found them very useful....

7. Lauryallan profile image68
    Lauryallanposted 11 years ago

If you're looking for something very similar to HubPages then I'd suggest wizzley.com. Your share of the income will increase as you write more articles.

Squidoo.com is probably HubPages biggest competition and I know people do really well on there. You can write there too and can use more affiliate links and outbound links than you can on HubPages. However, it does take a while to be paid, since they work on a tier system (kinda the equivalent of the HP Adprogram). The tier one payout for October (which will be paid out in December) was around $70 per tier 1 article.You can circumvent some of their affiliate codes and use your own to get more money though, which will be paid directly to you and not through squidoo.

If squidoo.com is too overcrowded for your tastes or you really struggle with HTML or CSS then try the new kid on the block at zujava.com. You're first three articles will be in the Petting Zoo until you are assessed as following the rules. Then your articles will be added to the main stream of articles. Their payout model is similar to squidoo as they also have a tier system. However, instead of only a few people being able to get a tier payment, everyone gets a payment. The tiers are set in percentage increments, which mean as the number of articles on the site grows so will the number of people receiving a higher payout. Unlike squidoo where the tiers are fixed and less than 0.50% of lensmasters  get into tier 1 on squidoo. Just now the payments are pretty low, but the site is quickly growing. This could be what squidoo was like in the beginning.

Infobarrel.com is another site you can use. I've never used this one so can't give you guidance for that one.

If by an alternative to Hubpages you meant other writing sites where you could write and have the ability to make money, then my top four options (in no particular order) would be wizzley.com, squidoo.com, zujava.com and infobarrel.com. Try them out and see which format or options you prefer.

1. bizwin profile image66
      bizwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great recommendation here. Squidoo is one of the sites that you can easily earn money. Get about 500 to 600 words article out and add your amazon and ebay modules plus few external links and you are in.

2. Seeker7 profile image79
      Seeker7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a really interesting answer as I haven't tried any of these sites but they seem to be worth a look!

3. alikhan3 profile image88
      alikhan3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

what about the revenue or impressions share on each of these?

8. paul pruel profile image73
    paul pruelposted 11 years ago

ExpertsColumn is one that pays well. It is a sharing revenue site too. If your choice is to own your own blog site you can try Weebly or Blogger.

9. gaganbhatia profile image60
    gaganbhatiaposted 11 years ago

Tumblr
        Digg
        Reddit
        Adfty
        Allvoices
        Amazon Wishlist
        Arto
        Baidu
        Bebo
        Blinklist
        Blip
        Blogmarks
        Blogger
        Brainify
        BuddyMarks
        Add to BX
        Care2
        chiq
        CiteULike
        Connotea
        coRank
        Corkboard
        Current
        Dealspl.us
        Delicious
        Digg
        Diigo
        .net Shoutout
        DZone
        Edmodo
        Evernote
        Fark
        Fashiolista
        folkd.com
        Formspring
        Fresqui
        FriendFeed
        Funp
        fwisp
        Google Reader
        Google Translate
        Hatena
        Hyves
        identi.ca
        Instapaper
        Jumptags
        Kaboodle
        linkaGoGo
        LinkedIn
        LiveJournal
        mail.ru
        Meneame
        Messenger
        Mr Wong
        Mixx
        moShare
        MySpace
        N4G
        Netlog
        Netvouz
        Newsvine
        NUjij
        Odnoklassniki
        Oknotizie
        Orkut
        Pinterest
        Raise Your Voice
        Reddit
        Segnalo
        Sina
        Slashdot
        Sonico
        Speedtile
        Startaid
        Startlap
        StumbleUpon
        Stumpedia
        Technorati
        TypePad
        Tumblr
        Tweet
        Viadeo
        Virb
        Vkontakte
        VOXopolis
        WordPress
        Xanga
        Xerpi
        Xing
        Yammer
        Yigg

And many more............................

10. drspaniel profile image65
    drspanielposted 11 years ago

There are many... Triond, Bukisa, Expertscolumn, Yahoo Voices, Redgage etc.etc

However, in terms of how well they pay, I would certainly recommend that you either stick with HubPages, or try all of these sites to make a decent accumulative income.

11. profile image0
    Angie497posted 11 years ago

It would help to know what you're looking for - an alternative to what, exactly? Other sites that allow absolute self-publishing (in other words, no application or acceptance process required)? Other sites that pay ad revenue? Or allow ebay or amazon? That have an active writer community? Easier to use tools, or more flexibility in format?

It's hard to make good recommendations without knowing what you want an alternative for - after all, the whole internet is an alternative. LOL

12. AlexK2009 profile image81
    AlexK2009posted 11 years ago

If you mean revenue sharing sites there are lots. Despite the recent falls in traffic Hub Pages seems to be one of the best paying, though there may be other sites where the audience for your writing and the earnings are higher.

Otherwise you just have to go the long way round, run your own blog or website, get an audience and attract advertisers or subscribers.

Or go tp places like textbroker and write on commission.

13. graveyard-rose profile image64
    graveyard-roseposted 11 years ago

If you really want a good blog to use that allows you a lot of freedom, space, and all of the monetizing you can handle, sign up for blogger. It comes with gmail too. Google is amazing for all of that. You can tie EVERYTHING together. I suggest trying that. You can view one of mine at: www.sweetfreakingblog.blogspot.com

Happy Hubbing!

14. msshandriaball profile image73
    msshandriaballposted 11 years ago

good question because I wanted to try another site to see if I make more money.Thanks for the question

15. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 11 years ago

If you enjoy writing, are good at it, and don't mind not getting explicit credit, then you might try content writing sites, such as Textbroker. No ego strokes, but it pays upfront, and if you're at least Level 4 you'll make some nice additional income.

16. courtlneygdtm profile image71
    courtlneygdtmposted 11 years ago

Triond

As an alternative to Hub Pages, I have been using Triond. Triond gives you a payout from the site as well as from Google Adsense. However, the payout tends to be much lower than Hub Pages. 

The benefit of using Triond as opposed to Hub Pages is you can write about a topic of your choosing and get it published quickly without a lot of scrutiny.  When I write for Hub Pages, I feel as if I must have all my "i's" dotted and my "t's crossed. To date,  I have about three times the number of articles on Triond -- than I have on Hub Pages -- simply due to the ease of getting my articles published quickly.

Similar to Hub Pages, your articles earn money for you as long as they are published on Triond and get views. Even though I do not currently write for Hub Pages as often as I used to -- I continue to receive residual money from the articles I've already published -- which is a plus.

If you choose to write for Triond, I recommend you also sign up for Redgage.  I republish all of my Triond and Hub Page articles on Redgage.  As a side note -- If you want to take a break from writing, photos tend to do well on Redgage.

Webanswers

Another alternative to Hub Pages is Webanswers.  When you write for this site, you respond to questions -- similar to the answer section on Hub Pages.  The difference is if your answer is chosen or awarded, you receive money from  that particular question. 

You can also ask questions on Webanswers.  Here's a question that I asked similar to yours about where to write online. ( Sorry -- Hub Pages did not allow link -- see what I mean about the ease in publishing what you write at other sites?).

Write for Multiple Writing Sites

If your goal is to make money writing online, your best bet is to write for many different writing websites (including Hub Pages) -- since the payout for writing sites tends to be very low. For example, I currently write for Hub Pages (Not as frequently as Triond), Triond, Webanswers,  WordPress.com, InfoBarrel  and recently signed up for  Sponsored Reviews where you receive pay for reviewing or giving your opinions on products. Of these, Webanswers has the highest payout for me, with Hub Pages coming in second followed by Triond.

As you can see, there are alternatives to Hub Pages, however, if you choose to select any, I recommend you keep your articles on Hub Pages so you can receive residual income even as you write for other sites.

17. alikhan3 profile image88
    alikhan3posted 11 years ago

As for my eperince on hubpages ........ it has quite an excellent social community and most of the writers are quite good, forums are also very cooperative but the thing which peeves me is that you only get 60% of your impressions meaning for every $100 u earn hubpages earns $40 I could have purchased a top level domain in it
    suggest sites simmilar to HP but those who give better impression sharing

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)