jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Does having your own links on hubs increase your views?

1. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Does having your own links on hubs increase your views?

Now that we don't have RSS to use on our hubs, how does putting in your own backlinks work?

2. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I have seen increase views to my hubs when I include other links to my other hubs of related subject!

3. That Grrl profile image70
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

It works GREAT! Everyone should be building their own index of related Hub posts into each new post they make.

For instance, if you are writing a recipe for an easy chocolate cake, build an index with links to all your recipes for chocolate and then another index for all your recipes for quick and easy desserts.

Using links to your own posts gives people a choice of where they want to go once they have read the post they landed on. It may be the post they are on wasn't quite what they were looking for... so you give them options to YOUR own links rather than relying on the Hub related links to everyone on the network. Focus people on your own content first.

4. jellygator profile image92
    jellygatorposted 5 years ago

I believe it does. I know my traffic stats show a lot of traffic generated by me even when I haven't been on the site or marketing my hubs much. I assume that they're views that came from my own pages.

5. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

If you're writing a Hub and one of your other Hubs provides relevant information, then you should certainly include a link to it.   Readers will follow the link to that Hub and bingo, you've earned another view.

In fact links in the body of your Hub are far more useful than the RSS feeds ever were, because many readers won't scroll down enough to see the feeds.

6. lanablackmoor profile image91
    lanablackmoorposted 5 years ago

I've seen a slight increase for Hubs that are strongly interlinked. It seems to work best for Hubs in a series. I'd go for it!

7. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

If its a related hub, sure! Also linking to similar hubs by a fellow huber is always good for the community, too.

8. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 5 years ago

I usually provide 1 or 2 links to relevant hubs that I have written.  I also link to other hubs (not more than 2) that may add more information about the topic I've written about.  As I understand it, hubpages likes us to link to other hubbers. This also builds better relationships and strengthens the community.

1. Bake Like a Pro profile image76
      Bake Like a Proposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a great question carol7777!!! I learned something new from all the responses you got smile Thank you.

9. nehanatu86 profile image89
    nehanatu86posted 5 years ago

Thanks for this question Carol. Your question inspired me to add related links in my own hubs. I hope that increases the number of hits my hubs are getting.

I had also read somewhere else that adding links to your own hubs definitely gives a boost to your hub views.

Good luck!