Do you love your mouse? I love mine.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. rfmoran profile image72
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

Do you love your mouse? I love mine.

This question has nothing to do with kinky sex, Sorry. My concern is my Iphone and Ipad. They're great but without a mouse you don't have the great block cut or copy and paste function. I would never dream of assembling a hub from my Ipad. Sometimes older technology is hard to beat. Any thoughts on this.

2. HoneyBB profile image91
    HoneyBBposted 11 years ago

I don't have an iphone or an ipad but I just got my son and cat a remote control mouse for Christmas and I love watching them play together! :>)

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 11 years ago

I don't think that's true: http://portables.about.com/od/newsandvi … als_10.htm but in any case, the main drawback to a mouse is the need for a flat surface, which could be inconvenient when using pad devices.

rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess I've just gotten used to sitting and working at a desk

4. Sinea Pies profile image62
    Sinea Piesposted 11 years ago

I do! When I added a laptop to my computers, I said that I'd ONLY do it if I could have a mouse. smile

Thanks my fellow mouse lover!

5. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 11 years ago

I've had an iBook for years and another one for 4 years before that. (Lap top no mouse.)  I have a tracking pad.  Anything you can do with a mouse, I can do too, without a mouse. 

I thought I would be lost without a mouse initially, but I haven't missed it and it's been literally years since I had a mouse.  About 7 I guess.  I've never operated an iPad, but my iBook works without any problem without a mouse.

I copy and paste my hubs into capsules all the time.  I create/write them in Microsoft Word which is included in my Microsoft Business Office program that I purchased separately and loaded onto this iBook that I use all the time and that I'm writing on now. 

I know nothing about an IPhone, but I would expect an iPad to work not so differently than this iBook.  Usually people at the Apple Store are more than happy to tell you how to operate Apple products.  They can do it in person or you can get technical help online or on the phone.  Check with them and see how you can get around not having a mouse.  On my iBook, as I've said, I have a tracking pad that does everything a mouse does.

I just now Googled, "How do you copy & paste with an iPad and How do you copy & paste with an IPhone and tons of stuff came up including on YouTube on how to do these things.  Check it out.

Thanks so much for your detailed response. I shall take your suggestions. I think I have gotten stuck in my habitual way of doing things

2. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Tracking buttons and pads are great when they are built well. I'm sure Apple makes quality ones. The only other ones I've thought were well made are the ones on IBM Thinkpads. Unfortunately, on cheaper computers the pads get flakey after a while.

6. BlossomSB profile image79
    BlossomSBposted 11 years ago

I do! Mine has a little red light underneath. In the 'old days' I had one that needed a special 'mouse pad' to run around on. My latest one does not want a pad, it likes running around on the top of my desk, but if I don't keep it absolutely clean it scratches little marks in the polish - and it doesn't even have any paws or claws!

Thanks for your input. I still use a mouse pad!

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I finally started using the touchpad when I got the MacBook Air - it has a pressure-sensitive pad & I can use it more easily.  But before that, I carried a teeny baby rodent everywhere I took my other laptop. I do use one on my desktop & it's a happy little guy. 

The main iPad issue is that HP doesn't yet support it fully - even if you had a mouse, it would be difficult to create a hub on it.  But I use it all the time to comment, read hubs, do the forums & the Answers here. I'm consudering getting a portable keyboard for the iPad - it lets you use it almost like a small computer.

Thanks Marcy. I use a portable mouse on the road as well. I did' know HP didn't support the IPad.

8. suk91 profile image65
    suk91posted 11 years ago

yeah! :-D i love it because it has a bright red light that glows whenever i move it! ;-)

9. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I agree! I just bought a laptop yesterday and do plan to buy a mouse when my package arrives. The wireless ones sound great. I'm an oldschooler and I just love using a mouse. I can't seem to do the hands-free-touch thing on a laptop. I'm terrible on the Kindle Fire trying to manipulate when I'm hubbing. Ugh!

10. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Yes. I still love my mouse. So I prefer to use desktop than laptop or ipad.

It's great to move my mouse over a nice mouse pad so that it can be more precise in a way as the laser tends to go haywire on my glass top.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)