jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

What to do with extremely poor Hubs?

1. drspaniel profile image89
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

What to do with extremely poor Hubs?

I have several Hubs, which I have edited many time to try and get them more traffic and to increase their scores, but with no avail. What should I do with them? Sell them? Or simply delete them from my HubPages account? (These make me no income and receive only 10 views a month.

2. paul pruel profile image73
    paul pruelposted 5 years ago

Re edit them again. Add more capsules like videos, photos, polls on your hubs. Then bring them outside HubPages. There are methods to boost traffic and views to our hubs. Do not just depend this site to market your hubs across the Internet. For details visit this link: http://paulpruel.hubpages.com/hub/Many- … y-February

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't actually regard any of my hubs as extremely poor, but some are not commercially viable I'm afraid. I try to improve the title and keywords as best I can. A few I have moved elsewhere. The only ones I have deleted altogether are hubs about hubs. If they are not idle, and still get 10 or more views a month, I would probably leave them.

4. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

I would reedit the hubs again.  Change the title, keywords, and rewrite the introduction and summaries of your badly performing hubs.

5. Anonymous00 profile image69
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

Re write them. Edit them. Gradually re-arrange content. Add more information. Alter keywords and allow for greater interaction by enabling polls and promoting more. It's probably best to think of rewriting them from a 'new' fresh start. If your only getting 10 views a month I would definitely add more content which will boost statistics otherwise just delete them and carry on.

6. Brittanie2216 profile image85
    Brittanie2216posted 5 years ago

I would try to revamp them put a new spin on the topic or add new media.  If you are done trying to fix them and still have no success I would just delete them but I bet there is still hope smile

7. MrAhmad profile image71
    MrAhmadposted 5 years ago

Editing them will be the most important thing you do with extremely poor hubs. Edit them by changing titles, adding more capsules, adding pictures, and videos.

8. sleepylog profile image95
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

I have found that improving the title of any hub can improve its search engine ranking as well as keeping your readers on your site by giving them lots to read and then giving them a way to leave your hub that will keep them moving forward in their search... what this means is that you should include some links to other hubs or websites that are very closely related to the subject matter of your hub. If you don't have any hubs of your own to link to then you should link to other hubs or websites. Google's search engines like that because your hub is then still seen to be providing valuable content to your readers.

9. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I read a suggestion the other day from a multi-millionaire (he has the accolade)--he said to add more photos to the hub, as long as they are original. He said one of his hubs went from 1500 pv/day up to 28,000 pv/day when he edited it and put in a lot of original pictures. I do not know which of yours you consider "poor", as I have a lot with low page views but I would not delete as they will help a few visitors out (sooner or later), but his tweak is worth a try if you can do it.

drspanielposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I consider the Hubs which get less than 10 views per day poor, and I might try to add more photos to my hubs. smile

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Create a blogger blog, and put them there.  I often put things on blogger, and I also sometimes create original content there.  Every page with adsense is a potential money maker.

drspanielposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point, although I do not like the idea of aving my content on multiple pages at once.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well you can't do that here.  What I mean is copy/paste it to blogger, then delete it here.

11. dilipchandra12 profile image78
    dilipchandra12posted 5 years ago

Update them with some info and also try; Change the title.