jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How well do your poem Hubs do?

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

How well do your poem Hubs do?

2. ccurry profile image71
    ccurryposted 5 years ago

Im sure depending on the quality it will do quite well. I have one and it is featured.

3. kayyluh profile image78
    kayyluhposted 5 years ago

I think all poems are kind of difficult to get views on because not that many people click on them or they get their attention. My poem hubs don't really get views anymore but I have only posted three I believe. It really depends on what audience sees your poetry.

1. graveyard-rose profile image82
      graveyard-roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Generally I don't think poetry does well. You have to think of it this way - when you want info on a particular subject, you might Google it. Say you want to know about dog training or meat loaf recipes. You Google it and get a lot of responses including Hubs here at Hubpages.

But few people sit around and think about wanting to find poetry on a particular subject so it is unlikely people outside Hubpages are going to find your poetry. I post a lot of poetry here along with other hubs. I don't do it for money, but for the joy of writing it and having a few readers.

My informative hubs, craft hubs and recipes so much better.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I have some poem hubs that do very well. I know I won't earn much with them but it is curiously satisfying to have 30 odd viewers a day for bird poems, for example. I don't know if this is exceptional, or poor, or what. I work hard at my poetry, have done for years, and HubPages allows me the chance to add an image if I need to, and link to other related material.

I have other more technical poetry hubs and these are visited primarily by students I think.

So, if your question is about traffic then some poetry hubs can do well,relatively speaking. Poetry won't earn heaps of cash but it will give the poet quiet satisfaction knowing that their work is being read and hopefully,enjoyed.

6. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

In general, not very well. But I've edited some poetry hubs by adding topical text as lead-ins, re-arranged images, tweaked titles, added polls, and changed topic categories. I also marketed more on twitter, emails, facebook. It has helped to revive some idled poems and increase traffic.