jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How long your hubs usually are?

1. ronny2005 profile image78
    ronny2005posted 5 years ago

How long your hubs usually are?

2. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

When I first came to HubPages I wrote one hub which had more than 3000 words.  I learned quickly not to try that anymore.  I slowly reduced the length of my articles to where they are well under a thousand words for the most part.  I finally had to admit that I don't like to read very long hubs.  I would define very long as something over 1500 words.  Now, when I write my short fiction stories, also known as Flash Fiction, they are around 500 words.  Editing before publishing helps a lot.  When I keep my readers in mind, I try to show respect for them by keeping the fluff down and quality up.  I figure that a happy reader is much more likely to share my article to someplace off HubPages which creates a backlink to me.

1. JimTxMiller profile image78
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Keeping the readers in mind is key for me as well, Cam. Good answer.

3. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 5 years ago

My hubs which are typically technology based (usually on Excel 2007) are typically between 1,000 and at the most 1,500 words. I find that a hub with that number of words is long enough for me to fully explain what my hub is about without getting too epic and boring people. I think length will vary based on both the topic and how detailed the subject is.

4. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Long enough to cover the topic and not so long as to become tiresome for the reader. I tend not to write with word-count targets in mind. On the other hand, writing within a set word-count limit is an excellent device to sharpen writing skills.

I shoot for 500 to 1,000 words for a single hub. If I see that the topic wants more than 1,000, then I start thinking "group", a series of related hubs.

1. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

From what I understand, Google likes things grouped and linked, so series hubs are good from several angles.  Readers are happy, Google is happy, so the author should be too.

5. mariasial profile image70
    mariasialposted 5 years ago

The word size of my hubs ranging b/w 400 words till  900 words but one thing i can tell you for sure that Hubs with the word size of 600 or more perform better than short hubs

6. CrescentSkies profile image87
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

few thousand words. I think my longest is about ten thousand.

working