jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do you prefer Hubpages over other similar sites?

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Why do you prefer Hubpages over other similar sites?

2. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Hubpages is not so picky about your hub's topics. Moreover, it has a very friendly and supportive community.

3. Paul Maplesden profile image77
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

I like the simplicity of the hubpages layout. Squidoo just seems overly 'gamified' and I find that the (over) presentation there often gets in the way of the message.

Hubpages just seems to have a calmer, more rational approach and is more transparent in terms of stats, earnings and responsiveness. It's also got a great community and there's lots of advice on every aspect of hubbing that you could possibly need.

4. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

HubPages has a comfortable "homey" feel about it that I have not found elsewhere so far. That may account for me spending more time here than I should since I am building a business writing online content.
    Back in the olden days before the internet, we had monthly magazines for publishing shorter articles, and a freelancer had to write for which ever ones would buy the work. Most writers couldn't make anything to speak of writing for just a single magazine.
    The situation hasn't changed all that much other than the market is online now. Limiting oneself to writing for one site is limiting one's income.

working