jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How private is YOUR details etc,on Hubpages.?Why do folk put little privacy not

1. greencha profile image71
    greenchaposted 5 years ago

How private is YOUR details etc,on Hubpages.?Why do  folk put little privacy notes on their pages?

Isnt one automatically allowing folk to share,and copy ,and 'pin' up their hubs and profile details?,-isnt it  that the whole idea of Hubpages?
    Any member of the public can copy any stuff (legally),on this domain,can't they?

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

Readers cannot legally copy articles on this website and post them elsewhere, that's a copyright violation. It doesn't matter if you're reposting the content to a site which generates money for you, or you repost without financial gain, such as on a forum.  It is the same with any other website UNLESS the website clearly states that their content is public domain.  For example, you cannot visit the New York Times website, copy an article, and then post it on your blog. 

Copying a short blurb and posting a link to the rest of the article falls within "fair use." Printing out a hub for your own personal use is also legal.

It isn't necessary for authors to attach a copyright notice at the bottom of their articles since, in the US at least, an author's work is automatically copyrighted at the moment of creation. But many people do include it to deter those who are ignorant of copyright law.

3. Howard S. profile image88
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

The very bottom of this page and every other page on HubPages contains the following copyright statement, which means that copying is illegal.

Copyright © 2013 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. All rights reserved.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

However, if the copyright is for Hub Pages and the respective owners, then why can't the prospective owners post their work elsewhere. I think Hub Pages should establish a time limit that a hub must remain exclusively on Hub Pages. After that you should be able to shop around for new markets. Naturally, you would want to include a link to your subdomain in the hopes of attracting viewers to your other Hubs. Hub Pages has a problem with that. It should not, but it does. I had to pull one of my Hubs because after it ran it was picked up by another publication, I use to submit items to. They included a link to the original source, but Hub Pages said I was printing duplicated copy. I tried to rewriting, but eventually deleted the hub from Hub Pages.