jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you go from make $50 a month on Hubpages to $2 dollars?

1. SportsBetter profile image79
    SportsBetterposted 4 years ago

How do you go from make $50 a month on Hubpages to $2 dollars?

2. rfmoran profile image88
    rfmoranposted 4 years ago

It's because of a Google algorithm gyration I'm sure.
    These things tend to stabilize and return to normal after a while. A few weeks ago I thought I was disappearing but then I came back. Annoying but something we live with.

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

I think you need to have a lot more hubs so that if any of your others stop being searched (for example, if only a few people search google in one month for Mahatma Gandhi qoutes) you will have several more that may be popular.
    I have several that go from 100 one day, 50 the next, 75 another day, then 25, back to 100, etc. No way of telling why that topic is searched or not searched for.
    If, like some writers on the internet, you write based on the most popular keywords, google can only tell you how popular that word was in searches IN THE PAST. As you well know, the past is not always an indicator of the future.
    In my opinion, the only thing that will work consistently is having more hubs.

1. SportsBetter profile image79
      SportsBetterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For example one of my hubs would consistently get 300 a views a day for months.  These last few weeks it has only been 20 views a day.

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is a huge drop, and even if you accept the "google algorithm gyration" explanation, that does not help you when payment time comes around. You are probably feeling negative about this site at the moment, but my only suggestion would be to write

4. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 4 years ago

Your profile page shows that you have 42 hubs. However, only about half are visible on your profile, which leads me to believe that many of your hubs are not "featured."
    You might start by editing, since unfeatured hubs aren't searched by Google I think.  You might also change your profile settings so that your unfeatured hubs still show on your profile page.

5. Indian Chef profile image70
    Indian Chefposted 4 years ago

I have seen drop in page views from 250 + daily to less than 25 or so. SO it is about 90% drop in page views and with drop in page views I lost the earning potential too. May be we need to learn more about how google works but I have heard hubpages rank went down in new google search system.

working