100 dollars a month, possible in Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (51 posts)
  1. christianajohan profile image56
    christianajohanposted 12 years ago

How true is this hub from a member here.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is possible!

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it's possible based on several factors. The type of hubs you publish, the quality, how long they have been there (aged) stuff like that and of course the amount of hubs you have too.

3. Barbara Kay profile image75
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you just keep at it and write enough hubs you will. It is important to write about the right subjects though. You'll learn as you go. some topics won't earn money and others will. The right keywords are important.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Possible, of course.

Probable, not for everyone.

I have a Hub about earnings (linked in my profile) where there is a general poll where site users self-report their earnings and the majority of respondents have said they make less than $10 per month.

3. Zakmoonbeam profile image92
    Zakmoonbeamposted 12 years ago

I have been a member for 2 years, and write about quite a geeky niche I guess, and I have just this past 2 months broken $15 a month based on approximately 200(ish) views per day from 41 hubs, with perhaps only 10 with regular traffic.  I also get a bit from Amazon, but nothing to write home about.

But, I have to say that the effort I put in is not that much compared to may here, so I count myself very lucky!!  I am more than happy with the small amount I make, but with the right subject matter, a lot of hard work and maybe a bit of luck, who knows?  The sky is the limit smile

1. Lauryallan profile image70
      Lauryallanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it is possible and that people are making over $100 regularly from Hubpages. As Zakmoonbeam sayas it's all about the effort and time invested into Hubpages and what you write about.

Will everyone get there, probably not, but there are plenty of resources available on here in The Leanring Centre and fellow Hubbers articles to help you achieve these goals.

4. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 12 years ago

It is possible. I earn over $100 per month. Just be patient, publish hubs, write articles that are very informative!

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

Yes, it's possible. You need at least 80 - 100 hubs though, and a bit of either luck or keyword research.

6. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

Totally possible. Keyword research helps, but even that's not necessary if you can write things that people want to read. They'll find you. Eventually. (I still recommend keyword research though. I'm just too lazy to do it myself.)

Edit:  LOL Cardisa, I see you have your epic Mark Ewbie portrait on. Very nice!

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Shades, just testing out the new pic...lol

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol why is it called the Mark Ewbie portrait?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because I drew it.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha Cool smile

I thought it was because you had a sketch as well wink

Ah good point.. same style of course.  The reason was that Caridsa posed a question for me about stick people and part of the question was...

"And please draw a Cardisa Stick woman for me"

So I did.

2. Greek One profile image64
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

where the hell is my Ewbie??

1. CMHypno profile image82
              CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After 2500 years and marriage to Mrs Greek One you should know by now!

Lol, +1 and hmmm.

2. Greek One profile image64

not THAT Ewbie....

I mean the one that is still worth something

Oh no.

I've become a euphemism.

Fame is not all good Mark, as the Ewbie star rises you can expect more euphemisms to come your way.  Just take it as a sign of your popularity?

2. CMHypno profile image82

You mean you have two? smile  No wonder you make $100 a month!

3. cclitgirl profile image92
            cclitgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark Ewbie - your stickmen are legendary.  I LOVE them! cool

7. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Yes!  Absolutely!  It does take some time and effort however as others have already advised.

8. DonnaCSmith profile image81
    DonnaCSmithposted 12 years ago

I made $100/month for about three or four months, then it dropped off considerably.

I'm surprised Greek One missed this...

1. Greek One profile image64

..i'm just too classy

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I am above that already for this month.

10. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 12 years ago

I have just started out so I'm going to write as much as I can, be unique and informative and as soon as I make my first $100 I'll let you all know. (secretly lets hope its sooner than later)

11. danieliuhasz profile image59
    danieliuhaszposted 12 years ago

It's like this: 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name. (Fort Minor - Remember the name)

Just kidding. It can be done, but you will have to publish the right content, which is much more important than publishing a lot of content. I suggest starting off with basic SEO, keyword research maybe, smth to get you going on what you have to write about.

12. Hypersapien profile image44
    Hypersapienposted 12 years ago

I would think it's way more than possible.  I have a couple of hubs tracking my earnings here so I won't go into much detail other than to say I've been here close to 5 months, and although I really didn't get active until the third month I've been experiencing great income growth.  Many will laugh, but I passed my first income milestone on HP just a few days ago, with single-day earnings of over $1!

13. dexixy profile image61
    dexixyposted 12 years ago

I have $2 this month and im happy since i just write for fun.

14. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I just did some math. I am not amused.

15. sourabhrana profile image61
    sourabhranaposted 12 years ago

Yes, It is possible to earn 100$ in a month but it will take some time to earn. just follow the best HUBS on HP & gain the knowledge from their experience.

16. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 12 years ago

I make about 40-50 dollars, but i have worked quite hard for it.My traffic is down 20% in the last few days, so i hope it will climb back.
    Good luck :-)

17. dexixy profile image61
    dexixyposted 12 years ago

shai77 how do you manage to make all that cash?

1. shai77 profile image81
      shai77posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      Part comes from adsense and part from hubpages program.Few sales from amazon also, but not many.
      This is really not much to manage:-)

18. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 12 years ago

It's definitely possible, but it doesn't happen for everyone. It's really perseverance, quality of writing, and a bit of luck.

1. dexixy profile image61
      dexixyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

alright. i will see that i will improve my quality of hubs. Thanks

19. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

I just got a spam email that said I could enlarge my Ewbie for cheap and it linked me to this thread.

So here I am.

Some people will do anything to earn their $100 monthly, but spamming your Ewbie? lol

20. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I want to be Ewbiefied!

I 'may' at some point do a homage to all the great Hubbers, plus yourself.

1. Greek One profile image64

lol... all the great hubbers....

plus you too

tongue

It didn't come out quite right.

On that note I need to bow out and go do some real work, instead of this social network stuff.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do too... I've always just been too embarrassed to ask.

21. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

Ewbie straight trippin'!

Excellent.  I had to Google that.

And found this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … %20trippin

22. jcmayer777 profile image63
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I'd have to assume, with all the registered users, there are many making that much and at least a couple making over $3,000 per month on HP. 

I'd guess the 100+ club is relatively short on members, when compared to the number of registered users, but there are people on pretty much any content farm that make good money.

23. ustad profile image59
    ustadposted 12 years ago

Write quality hubs that make you 1000 visitors a day. if u attain such an amount of visitors than u are assured a minimum amount of 100 dollars a month. you will average between 100 to 200 dollars. gaurantee.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)