jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are African countries playing their role in the control of green house gases emi

1. cuttler profile image60
    cuttlerposted 5 years ago

Are African countries playing their role in the control of green house gases emissions?

The rate of deforestation and uncontrolled emissions from motor vehicles in most African countries has led me to ask this question.I live in a country where the government sits idly as people clear forest land for farming, charcoal and timber. Could this spell doom in the fight against ozone depletion and global warming?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7623478_f260.jpg

2. Patkay profile image92
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

No they are not playing their role at all. With the high rate of corruption and inefficient governments we have in most of Africa, the governments are doing nothing. Most of these governments just sit down and the greedy leaders amass wealth for themselves not caring about the future of the continent.

Most of the forests for example are no go zones, but those who protect them are the ones who are destroying them. Once they are given whatever amount of money they want, they will allow the criminals into the forests and protect them with their bestowed powers. It is very sad. We are killing our continent.

cuttlerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...I live in Ngong and I tell u the ngong forest of today is a shadow of its former self. Back home in Kisii I have never laid eyes on a single forest. Sad indeed

3. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

Compared to the major polluters Africa is small time. In fact Africa is precisely where the cap and trade exploiters are going to offset their quotas. Burning a few trees is nothing compared to the thousands of trees per second equivalent of some industrialized countries. Once again Africa will be psychologically exploited into believing that they are not playing by the rules when others operate by a whole set of other rules. Some don't even believe in global warming. Hint..US

cuttlerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never thought of it from your angle...I agree with you. However I strongly believe that everyone has a role to play...whether high or low emissions. This is where african countries r failing

working