jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do some users have a few hubs but have been members for over 2 years?

1. gios the martian profile image72
    gios the martianposted 5 years ago

Why do some users have a few hubs but have been members for over 2 years?

Do they delete them or does something happen to them?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

They could have idled or maybe some folks just don't publish often.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not everyone at Hubpages is here to make money. I use the site for interaction and a place to post my work. I enjoy having people read my work and comment, and reading others work. It is good feedback. I am not concerned with search engines, SEO, or making a dollar here. I just enjoy having a place to publish.  I may only publish a hub once every few months.

4. Psychodelicious profile image59
    Psychodeliciousposted 5 years ago

Well I had another account I wanted to delete so I made this one two years ago.  Then I got really busy, and forgot about it until now.  So that is my excuse!

5. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I can only answer for me, I've  been a member for three years, and I only have ten hubs.  Several reasons I suppose, but mainly:-
    If I wish to make money from writing, I have, and can do it easier writing for print magazines.
    Hub pages and its associates seem to be going out of their way to make it difficult for hubbers outside of North America to make revenue.
    In the early part of 2011, I suffered a stroke, I'm in the middle of the recovery process.
    I'm an old age pensioner, and any thing I earn will reduce my pension, so it's not worth working for the government. So I have effectively retired from making money from writing.

6. tlpoague profile image87
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

Answering for myself, I had over 100 hubs, but many of them I have unpublished for one reason or another. My time over the last year has been limited, so it has been nearly a year since I last wrote a hub. With all of the changes that have been going on, I chose to wait to see what direction HP was going so I could adapt to it. I like to do more creative writing than know-how, so it has been more difficult for me to find something I enjoy writing about while making money. I finally gave up on the money side of things and write for the enjoyment of it. I was hoping to spend more time here, but a death in the family and other issues arriving have set me back a bit in my goals. Hopefully, as things settle down, I can get back on track to find my nitch again.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Quite a few people join and never write any hubs. Some people write a few hubs, and find it's not for them. Some people start strong, but lose interest when it becomes obvious that making any money here is going to be a lot of work. Things like traffic setbacks can be disheartening. People get busy doing other things, they get a new job, have health problems or family problems, then hubbing takes a back seat. Now, with the idle hubs feature, hubs on accounts left unattended for long periods of time are likely to become idle.