jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a way to edit your hub's web address?

1. BeccaBunnyBoo profile image60
    BeccaBunnyBooposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to edit your hub's web address?

I accidentally misspelled a word in my hub's web address...now I don't know how, or if it's even possible, to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. johndnathan profile image82
    johndnathanposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately there is not a way to edit the web address.  However, it's unlikely your viewers will pay attention to a single misspelled word in the title unless they're ridiculously picky.  Search engine crawlers also record the URL, title, and summary for searches so it won't affect your viewings.

The only exception is if the misspelled word is the name of something important to your hub or the ridiculously rabid fans of the subject you're writing about.  You probably want to quickly scrap the hub and remake it.

3. johnakc profile image40
    johnakcposted 5 years ago

Delete your hub. Get the url removed from Google's index. And then recreate your hub from starting.

4. profile image55
    mcxniftycallsposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, there is no way to change you hubs URL/Web a address once published but your hub's web address really don't matter.
    The important is your hub title and you can change it any time and search engine reads only your Hub Title and not even see Hub URL, your hub will be listed in search engine for the keywords in your Title and content and not for hubs URL.
    You can change Title and Correct it for any spelling or grammatical mistakes anytime not bothering about Hub URL

I personally changed title of most of my hubs, they perform better than before for new keywords in title even URL is same as before. So, if you are bothering that different URL and Hub Title would affect your Hub badly, stop worrying and you can change title.
    Otherwise you can delete and republish hub if you really want to change Hub URL but if your hub is older enough, it may have some negative/positive impact.

1. profile image55
      mcxniftycallsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

you can check my hubs for different URL and performing even better
      How to get Mildew Stains out of Clothes - Home Remedies
      How to Get Rid of Dandruff Fast Naturally - Home Remedies for Dandruff
      What if there was no Google - Life without Google

working