If a Hub gets a noindex do your links still count as backlinks?

1. Geekdom profile image91
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

If a Hub gets a noindex do your links still count as backlinks?

I know technically they are still  by definition a backlink. What I am curious about is if links in an article are still factored into search algorithms if a webpage received a noindex.  With HubPages liberal and vague use of the noindex, I am curious how best to use hubpages to help promote some of my videos on YouTube. Thank You.

2. Sapper profile image71
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

Not only does it not help your site, my very limited experience suggests that it may even hurt your sites rankings. Over the course of 2 or 3 months, I went from 22 hubs to 6 because of this awesome "feature" and all the sites that had backlinks from idled hubs have plummeted in rankings, while ones with backlinks from featured hubs have continued to slowly rise.

For me, HP has gotten to the point that it's not even worth the backlink anymore. As hubs go idle, I move/delete them, and I'm not writing any new ones. If you do want to continue to use it for backlinks, it would be in your best interest to make sure they stay featured.

3. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Nope. Any links you have pointing to external sources in idled hubs will not count for ranking purposes.

The hub does not only have the "noindex" tag which tells the search engines not to put the hub in their index of pages, it also has the "nofollow" tag applied which tells search engines not to count or follow any links within the hub.