jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Should we award answers for questions we asked?

1. nayaz1625 profile image76
    nayaz1625posted 5 years ago

Should we award answers for questions we asked?

What are the implications of awarding or not awarding a best answer for a questions we asked?

2. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 5 years ago

It depends upon the person asking the question.If you wish to select a "best" answer, feel free to do so. If not, don't! I don't answer a question in the hopes of being selected as the person who best answers the question. There are just some questions I like to answer, some I don't, and some just need answering. Feel free to follow your heart!

nayaz1625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello Jayfort,
      I do as you do. Thank you for sharing your views.

3. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

I think no implications. Marking the best answer  can boost up the hubber answering the question. It will be proper if at least  after say more than 10 answers or after a lapse of a minimum period the the questions are closed for further answers and best answer is chosen either by the questioner or the HP team. After the question is closed for answers and one thinks that he/she can provide a better answer then he/she can make Hub of that question.

Hello wqaindia, you are good points here for many of us to reflect on. Thank you very much.

4. Paul Maplesden profile image77
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

If you select 'best answers' that can help the other hubber with their accolades. But, there's no major impact in selecting or not selecting outside that. You can see more on the 'Best Answers' accolade here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades

Hello Paul Maplesden, you have no doubt made many of us realise of something very sensible: that of having some consideration for those who take the pain to answer our questions and as such to offer some help. Thank you very much.

working