jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a glitch on the Hub Hopper?

1. basicallyme profile image85
    basicallymeposted 5 years ago

Is there a glitch on the Hub Hopper?

I understand some people have bad grammar, but many of these hubs are full of words that don't seem to belong at all. Either there's a glitch, or people are using their Thesaurus's a little too much.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, hop some hubs, and read through a few of them. It seems like every other one has words scattered throughout that make no sense.

2. basicallyme profile image85
    basicallymeposted 5 years ago

Let me add that the reason I'm asking, is that I don't want to rate a hub low, if it's a problem with the hopper. That wouldn't be fair. smile

3. mkjohnston81 profile image82
    mkjohnston81posted 5 years ago

I don't think it's a problem with the hopper, I think it's supposed to be that way.  If you read the explanations under the grammar section it makes reference to "automatically generated content"  or something similar.  Which explains why I read an article about how to make a chocolate cake, and one of the ingredients was "chocolate lipstick."  Also, I read in one of the learning center articles that when you are new (both to HubPages and the hopper), they give you hubs that have already been reviewed just to see how you score.  So you should score solely based on what is presented to you.  Hope this helps!  I'm still pretty new, but I had some moments of wondering what the heck was up with the hopper too!

4. Paul Maplesden profile image76
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

It's not a problem with the hopper, it's something called 'Spun' content and occurs when people submit the same article to multiple places using automated software to replace certain words. You should always report such content and vote it down in the hopper. More info here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … le-Spinner