jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do hub views increase as time goes on?

1. adistin96 profile image83
    adistin96posted 5 years ago

Do hub views increase as time goes on?

I read that you get a few internal views from hubpages than your traffic drops off and as time goes on, you start getting views from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Is this true because no matter how many articles I write, I seem to only get 5-10 views per day and I don't want to give up too early.

2. hrymel profile image87
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

Depending on the quality, and your google (yahoo, bing) ranking, hub views tend to start increasing around the six month and one year mark.  This tends to be true for me, and seems to be true for others from what I've read on the forums.

3. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

To keep traffic coming for years, write hubs with evergreen topics. They are those that internet users will still search about everyday for years. As much as possible, avoid seasonal hubs and ones that focus on current events. Good luck and welcome to hubpages!

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

Hi Adistin, I've seen you on Infobarrel where I also write.  I can tell you that in my three years here, HubPages has really declined in search engines.  Normally your views are supposed to increase over time, with more and more coming from search, but it's really hard to make hubs rank anymore.  I actually moved a lot of my hubs to Infobarrel where I get a lot more traffic from search engines. 

It's not a question of giving up too early, but of whether you think it's worth keeping articles here when they could be making money for you somewhere else.  HP is good for backlinks still.