jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Taffic drop?

1. fanatik_efka profile image75
    fanatik_efkaposted 4 years ago

Taffic drop?

Hello there Hubbers!
    I do have a question for you today. For the last two or three days my statistics on hub views dropped down by more than 75-80%. Is that only me, or this is happening to everyone?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

Good to hear I am not the only one!  Yes, my traffic has dramatically dropped by about 75% too.  I assume Google changed its algorithm again.  The same thing happened to me in mid-December, but I did recover within a couple of weeks.  However, it hit me hard in the middle of the Christmas shopping season, so that was terrible timing.  I estimate I lost about $150 in earnings.  I am not as concerned this time as long as my traffic recovers again within a few weeks. 

If you look closer at your stats on your hubs, I'll bet you will find your Google search traffic is seriously down.  I am doing OK with Bing and Yahoo, but unfortunately, barely anyone uses those search engines.  I hope your traffic improves soon!

3. adistin96 profile image82
    adistin96posted 4 years ago

My traffic wasn't going up for the last few days even though I've been adding new hubs. Suddenly, I got a large increase in views today. So far I'm doing well for the day, so I would wait a few days. Sometimes traffic picks up on the weekends. The other thing I've noticed is that traffic is slow in the morning and it starts to pick up between 12-3 PM. Traffic seems to peak between 8 PM-12 AM. You have to keep in mind where you live. For me, it's the east coast so I have to consider the fact that the West coast, Alaska, and Hawaii goes to sleep later than the east coast, due to time zones.

4. Novel Treasure profile image91
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

hmm...I've actually seen the opposite. I saw a nice increase in traffic. But that could mean that they did change the algorithm but I somehow ended up on the beneficial side. Which would be a first...I got hit hard with Panda last year. But have since recovered.

5. Tom Vogler profile image83
    Tom Voglerposted 4 years ago

My views are now the lowest they've been in years.  Honestly, they can't go much lower.  Just when things were starting to look good and I was feeling encouraged, this happened.  However, I will just wait it out as well and not lose hope.

6. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 4 years ago

Oh yeah, mine is more like 95% drop, just as I was getting so hopeful, oh well...

7. fanatik_efka profile image75
    fanatik_efkaposted 4 years ago

And it's back! Probably it dropped due to google algorithm changes or something, but for today hub views are at even a bit bigger number for me smile

1. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
      Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How weird! Mine is coming back too. Thank goodness! At least it was just a temporary issue.

working