jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you easily discouraged from answering a question when you see it already has

1. Spongy0llama profile image90
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

Are you easily discouraged from answering a question when you see it already has a lot of replies?

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I am not discouraged as long as no one has said the exact thing that I was planning to say. Then I might not answer it. I prefer a question that hasn't been covered to death.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

If the replies seem to cover everything well, and I have nothing new to add... I probably won't add anything. I can still vote the best answers 'up', which is what I do in that situation.

4. Bake Like a Pro profile image76
    Bake Like a Proposted 5 years ago

Yes, because chances are others have already answered the question so why bother!!!

5. J. Biaza profile image60
    J. Biazaposted 5 years ago

Not at all.  I have a unique way of viewing things that I know people will love to read.

6. sharingknowledge profile image72
    sharingknowledgeposted 5 years ago

The whole idea on whether i should answer the question or not depends on what the answers so far given contribute. In case i see that there is something missed out, i always try to answer the question so as to give what i think is left out.

7. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Nein. Generally I do not feel a need for attention. If I feel drawn to the question and feel I have something to say, I answer.

Also I sometimes answer partially motivated by wanting to support a person who is reaching out to ask.

Or by thinking I *should* participate more in other questions and not always be centered on my own.

Or I remember that answering questions also boosts my own 'internet presence.' I have often gone to another person's profile from a question or someone's answer, and others to mine from my question or answer.

I might not have answered this question except that it showed up on my profile page and sparked my interest.

But there I go on another tangent not directly related to the Q. Anyway, thanks for asking.

8. Spongy0llama profile image90
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your answers. You've all come with different perspectives, which are all things that have run through my mind as well. I guess my conclusion would always be worth answering as long as I have something unique to contribute. In that case, it really depends on the question. If it's someone asking for bald fact on a matter, and someone has already given a thorough answer, then I don't bother. If it's someone looking for different perspectives on a matter, then potentially everyone has something to contribute. Thanks again.

9. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

No, not at all. if the question is of interest to me and I have a reaction to it in some way, I will answer, just as I have this one.