jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Joined 4 days ago and...

1. jsquirrel profile image61
    jsquirrelposted 5 years ago

Joined 4 days ago and...

I just joined 4 days ago. I have 8 hubs all ready and 5 of them are featured. Is that normal or better than usual? Thanks for your help.

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I assume you are open to constructive criticism since you posted this question. With that said, by what I can see the hubs you have (I only looked at 3) will not be featured too long. While you appear to be a good writer you have very short hubs. You also fail to capitalize your titles. I suggest instead of trying to pump out as many as you can you instead take some time to go to the learning center and read the enormous amount of information that is available. This way you can work on quality instead of quantity. Once you get several great hubs going then throwing in a couple of short ones won't have as much of an impact. There are lots of great writers here. Read through their writings. Welcome to HP and Good Luck! This is a great place. I'm sure you will do great.

3. Shravan Picsonia profile image61
    Shravan Picsoniaposted 5 years ago

Hey jsquirrel, I think this is normal! This happended to me also.. I had 4 hubs and one didn't make up to the featured list!
    And one more thing, i just checked your hubs.. They are too short! If you continue this you will stop your future hubs from getting into the featured list.. It may also decrease your earnings..

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I agree with peeples, you are a good writer, but you need to focus on building up the quality and word count. In the longer term you will earn more from high quality hubs than you will from a large number of low quality ones.

5. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

All of my hubs are featured and I think my performance is just normal for Hubbers who are really devoted in creating quality and enticing content. I love what I'm doing and making hubs turned into one of my favorite hobbies. I also browsed through your hubs and noticed they lack content. They are well-made but be reminded that word count matters. This is why choosing a topic which you are very familiar about is important. You won't be wasting a lot of time for research if you already have tons of information to share about a certain topic based on your past experiences and current knowledge. Don't despair. Just keep on creating quality hubs and don't be obliged to do so. Instead, have fun and you'll surely be on the path of success without even noticing it. Have a great day and good luck!

6. MarieAlana1 profile image72
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

Welcome to the hubpages community!.... That is better than usual that you have 8 hubs written already. It takes a lot of people to a couple of days to write 1 hub. Keep up the hardwork!

7. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 5 years ago

That's a good speed. I do know some people who publish 2 hubs everyday, even after 6 or 7 months in HP. Now the question is if you can keep up the pace with greater emphasis on quality and ensuring your hubs are picked up by Google?

I bet you can! Keep up the good work!