jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How exactly does someone make money on HubPages?

1. Paigee profile image59
    Paigeeposted 5 years ago

How exactly does someone make money on HubPages?

I don't understand how people make money on this site. I know I can click the "help" link but I want to know from someone who has made money on this site. I'm also confused because I've seen on job seeker sites that joining HubPages is a job? If anyone could elaborate that would be great. Thanks.

2. Spongy0llama profile image89
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

You make money by writing enough high quality hubs to get approved for the earnings program (and Google AdSense, if you do not have that already). My earnings are still modest, but I make just over a dollar a week (and growing) because I write regularly and remain engaged with the community. Essentially, the more views your hubs get, the more money you make. It really is that simple. The only catch is that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication, even to achieve my modest level of success.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

At first, I joined just for a hobby and wrote for fun during the first year. Then I joined the payment plan and have always cashed out every other month. Just write hubs that interest you. If you are interested in it, so is someone else.

4. brianrock profile image88
    brianrockposted 5 years ago

You earn money on HubPages when you publish an article and people read it. There are ads displayed on the article, and you receive a small payment for every pageview. In addition, you can include special advertisements (links to Amazon and eBay) in your articles, and you'll earn commission if people click on those links and buy things.

The reason you see this posted on job sites is that HubPages also has a referral program. If I post a link on a job board and you follow it and sign up, I'll receive a small commission based on how much you earn.

That being said, you'd have a hard time making a "living" on HubPages. Depending on some random factors, you'll earn $2.00 to $3.00 per 1,000 views on your hub. A successful hub will probably get about 1,000 or 2,000 views every month. That means a "good" hub will earn you a couple bucks a month, but a flop will earn you next to nothing.

To make a very meager living ($1,000) month, you'd have to publish a few hundred good hubs. A realistic goal is to make some pocket change ($50, $100, maybe a few hundred bucks) a month with some hard work and patience. While I wouldn't say it's impossible to earn $1,000+, that would put you in a very select club.

working