jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where is the "Tags" section (usedto be on the right) when writing a hub?

1. izettl profile image96
    izettlposted 5 years ago

Where is the "Tags" section (usedto be on the right) when writing a hub?

2. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

Put into retirement along with "Suggested Links"

3. Theophanes profile image97
    Theophanesposted 5 years ago

From what I understand tags were only used within Hubpages to link to similar articles. Since it wasn't used externally it got cut out... now they just have an automated system that does its best to match your Hub with like articles in the linked section at the bottom.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

They were done away with a couple of months ago.

5. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago

Another "improvement" HP came up with...
    The automatic selection of tags is making a total mess of our hubs by choosing whatever words they consider  to be favored by Google and Panda friendly and without looking at the context or the meaning of entire hub. It has happened to me repeatedly
    Just to give you one example; By using a phrase like "politicians will cut the pizza any each way they want to" the hubs linked to it are usually culinary in nature. Thank you HP, that's precisely what I call a great "improvement"

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

yeah, the tags were removed i think about a few months go.

7. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

The " tags ' section is only one of many changes that happen so often and quickly that I am still floundering at times....I feel like the fish some guy caught after awaiting a bite all day.. and then decided I wasn't up to " scale "..great question..

working