Is it just me, or do other Hubbers find the readership stats a bit misleading?

1. vrdm profile image82
    vrdmposted 5 years ago

Is it just me, or do other Hubbers find the readership stats a bit misleading?

In some cases I know my immediate readership, but the stats lag well behind.  And yet I seem to clock up a reader every time I edit - even before I publish!  And the traffic sourcing seems a little casual at best.  I know I have readers on LinkedIn but I never see LI as a source.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

What you are seeing are YOUR page views.

I've published some hubs that were four or five thousand words long...and by the time I hit "publish" the thing was showing a hundred page views already.

Those were my page views...took me loading the page a hundred times to write something, link something, edit something, or upload something that many times for such large articles.

Your hubpages stats page includes every single time you looked at one of your hubs...if you really want to look at stats properly, you should join Google Analytics.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

1. vrdm profile image82
      vrdmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm seeing my own page views prior to publishing, but not after because I don't look at them after publishing.  So the stats are clearly tracking some of the visits.  Thanks for Analytics tip.  Have looked at in the past  but will look again.

working