jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Can I get information on geographical composition of hubbers?

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 4 years ago

Can I get information on geographical composition of hubbers?

I want to know the number of hubbers from a particular location. In other words, suppose I am interested make a country wise (or city wise) ranking in terms of number of hubbers. Is there a way for this?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

You want to know where we are from?  I'd love to know some demographics on hubbers as well.  If anybody knows if HP tracks this kind of thing, please chime in!

3. Tinsky profile image95
    Tinskyposted 4 years ago

The administration for HubPages could be able to get this information from our profile pages, where we input our location, but its not a required field, so it would be incomplete.  However, IP addresses if they are collected would allow HubPages to collect geographical information. (I'm sure they are collected as all websites collect IP addresses for security or have the ability to do this. Whether or not its analyzed is another issue and giving you the raw data may be against privacy policy.) You would need to contact the administration directly to see whether or not they are willing to give you the data (just the sum figures, not the IP addresses).  I'm not aware of any place where HubPages publish this data for users.

purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Tinsky for this comprehensive response. Is there no way to know (even if the data is incomplete) the geographical composition?

4. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

I like the idea. It is very intuitive and something that lots of people who write on hubpages might be interested in. I would hit up the hubpages team and ask them about it.

purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot

working