jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is Google's new keyword density percentage preference?

1. copywriter31 profile image89
    copywriter31posted 5 years ago

What is Google's new keyword density percentage preference?

2. copywriter31 profile image89
    copywriter31posted 5 years ago

I may have found the answer to my own question. ALL of the SEO experts say keyword density percentage is a myth. Good, readable content is THE 2013 key to optimization. However, the pros also agree keywords should be a part of H1 and meta tag descriptions. They all agree that readability ranks higher every time over keyword density. I'm going to leave this question open for about a week - I would like some other opinions.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I agree, keyword density is out since Panda and Penguin.  Now it's all about readability and most are avoiding anything that could resemble keyword stuffing like the plague. 

As a general rule, and again this depends on your piece and if it flows naturally, you want your keyword in your title and within the first paragraph or two.  I use other related phrases people might search for as subheadings and break the articles naturally into nice readable subsections (Google likes that too)

The idea now (thankfully) is actual, good readable content and not the garbage SEO writing and filler from before.

copywriter31posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer, ChristinS. I like your idea of related phrases used as subheadings. Thank you.

2. joym7 profile image68
      joym7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

excellent.

4. joym7 profile image68
    joym7posted 5 years ago

yes.. at this time Google is only focusing on user friendly content... using keyword variation is very important as my experience said and talking about the keyword density we should not consider it any more...you can see many webpages are ranking without any keyword using...

copywriter31posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great information, joym7. Appreciate your comment.

Closed to reply

working