jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you do hubbing?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image32
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

How do you do hubbing?

How you engaged in hubbing activities.  Do you use a Desktop or Laptop?  What is your usual time quota for writing and checking HP?

2. brianrock profile image87
    brianrockposted 5 years ago

I generally use my laptop, so I can work in the living room and not completely seclude myself in my office.

I'll browse the forums and questions while my wife is watching TV. I'll often spend a lot of time doing this, but it's more of a way to kill time when I have nothing important to be doing.

As for writing hubs, I'll devote a couple hours each weekend to writing one or two hubs. But usually not more than two or three hours. That requires more focused attention, and I don't have that much time to sit and write for hours on end.

3. Jason Marovich profile image90
    Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago

There are many ways to Hub, sunilkunnoth.

I prefer writing here when I'm struck with an idea that fits HP's layout scheme.  I'm also a reader.  I've learned a few names of HP authors and enjoy seeing what they're writing and what they're saying on the forums.

I think most authors on HP write for leisure.  They, like me, get a thrill from writing something and then putting it out there for strangers (and friends) to read.

But there are those who are writing on HP professionally.  For them, this is a place to earn money by writing carefully crafted articles that answer definitive search engine queries.

The money I make from writing on HubPages is like a bonus.  For others, the money they earn here is part of their income.  This just goes to show how versatile the HubPages writing platform is and why so many writers use it!

4. Louise Lately profile image70
    Louise Latelyposted 5 years ago

Hi there, I use my PC at work in my lunchbreak otherwise I use my laptop when I'm at home. I receive email notifications to my phone so I can easily follow any activity on my pages. In terms of writing - I try and do it whenever I can or feel inspired smile What about you?

working